Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hey,

Are you making consistent returns?

My problem is finding a technical method which provides consistent returns. I am due to start my backtesting next week. Did you backtest what you are doing? What kind of trading do you do?

Sunsilk

Hi Sunsilk,

With strategies and testing there are far fewer possibilities available after the offsetting and FIFO ban and you will need to be careful if you trade as a US resident as these strategies are likely to be partially or even totally disabled. All EAs I used especially grids that had worked well have become useless, so I'm straight manual trading with trendlines to note where violation of price occurs, and I'll start with 1HR TF for the pairs I trade- mostly the 4 majors- but zooming out to 4HR, and greater to see where price levels have been tested before all works together to help give clues about planning trades. Kathy Lien has outstanding books about practical trading concepts and also the T1-T2 trader's equation for taking profits, so that's what I'd recommend learning.

I was doing well enough but it has become noticeably more difficult since this latest phase-in of FIFO rules now interfere with how I can manage my account. I'd say open two accounts if you can and capitalize well enough with the lot sizes you intend to trade so that you don't have to worry about margin calls, and trade demo accounts for as long as it takes for you to understand trading concepts you wish to try and how to recover from bad trades, develop workable expectations for TP, SL and note how the FIFO rules will interfere with how you can close multiple open orders of the same currency pair and how a trailing stop on later orders can close earlier ones at a loss.

In my view a 2.5k balance and 0.1 lots works well and at 1:50 leverage, you will be able to trade a few open orders at a time and between accounts.

It is also good to remember that sitting out can be just as valid a position as any other. I hope this helps- all the best-

Hello, I'm a new trader and loving learning all about the FX market. There are loads of free resources out there, and I find trade2win as one of the best. Thanks for reading.

Introduction

Evening All, Just signed up.............needed some feedback on my website.
I created it to share my ideas and keep a track of my analysis and more importantly track my results. I've found it has made me a more disciplined trader as I am unable to hide my bad trades or analysis, and I can see clearly where I have gone wrong. A bit of a trading journal if you like. Let me know what you think.
fxchartstudies.com

I've been trading off and on for the past 7 years. Mainly on Forex as a hobby, hoping to find a winning strategy, using price action, fib levels, S&R and Elliot Waves. I think the main mistake I have been making is to not take my profits before a pullback will occur, or a piece of news will come out. I work full time and find it hard to keep track of everything 24/7. I'm sure if I have time to monitor the news and charts on hourly basis I would tend to not make as my mistakes.
I use Fibonacci Trader, IB as my broker and scan around 20 pairs for opportunities on the daily and weekly charts, using the 15M and hourly charts for my entries.
Cheers Dave

Hi

Well hello everyone, i am simply someone who is passionate by trading and i concentrate on long call & put options. Hopefully i will be able to find great info in these forums to make me a better trader along the way!

Hi, Have been trading Forex for about 4 years and am still eager to learn as i am essentially a break-even trader so it is essentially a hobby for me-would like to change to earn a consistent income even it is small to begin with. Have spent a ton of money on everything from EAs to "systems" so can attest to the fact there is a lot of junk out there. i have been following "Forexmospherian" (sp?) for a little while (just a newbie here on this site) and would like to find the location for his strategy/system---Thanks, cadman77

the strat is all there in his thread

Most of them are tbh.

To the beginners

You can learn the basics online for free. I realise that it might take some time but you will understand it a lot better by doing it yourself.

No one can teach you to trade, trading is about application and discipline. You could have the best strategy in the world but one trade could wipe out your account.

You will get a lot of people claiming they can make you a few grand a week. 99% of it will be rubbish.

Never the less, you may find a quality network or two on your journey.
friday

Attachments

• save.PNG
    save.PNG
    3.4 KB · Views: 1,107
My name is John and my username is Calljunky ,i am from United Kingdom living in Scotland "but seem to be around world most time with my business Open World Telecom.

My business takes me to living in India most of the year as have a full office of 89 staff ins Jaipur and am now looking open office in Delhi.

I visited Thailand on way back 2 weeks ago,and i am determined find friends and make business in Thailand it blew me away ."any people Thailand say hi"

I am back now in Scotland and we are opening a office in Edinburgh and hoping fly out to India in a week time via Qatar and Singapore next 2 weeks ."any people Scotland say hi"

i have joined trade2win as i want get involved Forex,find great friends to chat ,get knowledge ,not sure i want to trade fully or establish with friends a trading group.

but i do want meet people who have won-lost and anyone with great ideas ,add me and lets make money
john

:clap::clap:

You have an interesting syntax for someone from the uk.

Hi Michael, check out babypips, they have a basic education section that is free which you can have a go at. I would start there. Anything you don't get you can probably find on a thread or ask someone and they can explain it. Some things take a bit to get your head round. But if you persist then there is nothing stopping you.

Hope that gives you something to grasp as a start. Someone might have something better, but my opinion is that is the best place to start.

Sunsilk

yeah just avoid tymens candlestick thread

We're a small group of investors that are interested in the impact consumer spending has on a company's future traded value. We are interested in any feedback you might have on the idea, we've made a video to explain the concept at

www.tradingfundamentals.com

Hello from LandedKiwi

Hi everyone....my name is landedkiwi and I've been a trader now for 620 days....

As my name suggests, I live in NZ and landed here 15 years ago (I don't have a load of land - had some but sold it this year).

Anyway am a reasonably consistent and profitable trader with a focus on the AUD.USD (dabble in the ES futures when the mood takes me).

Here to pick up some tips and hopefully have a bit of a laugh. NZ is isolated as you know...but try being a full time trader here...there just ain't that many of us around...

Just another newb

Hi All, Arend here, joined this site to learn what I can, it’s all completely new to me, a wealth of very interesting info and ideas so far, thanks to all the contributors!

Whilst I am primarily focusing on working through the info within this site, the what to do and more importantly the what not to do as a newbie, I thought I would also sign up for a demo account today as I figured getting familiar with a basic platform would help me understand some of the process and terminology a little more.

Played around today on Cityindex Advantage platform, 15 trades all on UK 100 DFT, £250 up for my efforts and good fun working my way around, learning as I go! Don’t worry I know this is no benchmark for ongoing profitable trading, and nowhere near considering using real cash yet but I enjoyed and it has given me encouragement to really get stuck into learning all I can.

A

Hi Everyone,

My name is Fred. I am new to trade2win and I hope to interact with a lot of people and share my thoughts and get to learn something from other people.

Hey fellow traders!

I'm not new to T2W, just updated my username and wanted to say HI! :D

I look forward to being a part of conversations.

Cheers.

T.

Hi am Klaus and im new to trading.
i hope to get some more knolege from this site so can trade better
greeting to everyone