Motivation to keep going when you thought of quitting - View Link

Thanks Malaguti,
I just read somewhere else on here that trying to catch a trend reversal is suicide, which basically what I have been doing every day, waiting for the big movers up or down to reverse and catch the reversal trend.

catch the beginning of new ones. Trends take time to top/bottom, they don't reverse in an instant. Look for those warning signs that the trend is changing. Chart patterns such as head and shoulders happens all the time, on all time frames.
They may not look the same all the time, but they happen.
The lower high, the break of a higher low look for those as well.
They don't always work, but I've found that your chances increase when you look for a head and shoulders reversal, not at the top of a trend, but as an inverse H&S in the direction of the larger time frame
Here's the S&P, two trend reversals on the 2 hourly. The one at the bottom, is clearly an inverse back in the direction of the dominant up trend. Great set-up.
The one happening now, is also a complex reversal, but the chances of this being profitable starts to decrease. Not until its higher dominant starts changing, and that could take months. You won't ever find the top, bottom. only in hindsight.
Get my drift?
Of course its still easy to say this, but it takes practice.

Attachments

• S&P.JPG
    S&P.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 193
Absolute rubbish week this week. Before every trade I am watching the indices the share is in, the index, i.e retail index I am using technical analysis to get my entry right. Every trade the this week the market has turned a while after I entered and moved against me. I have been stopped out a few times we realistic stops and the market has turned again and run back up. I have read many traders say it seems someone is watching their trades and moving things against them ,I know this is complete rubbish but after a week like this I am not so sure ha ha.

Ha ha I've said that more than once or twice before but that's exactly why you don't have stops in place, they can be seen and the market moved to trigger them. So yes someone is watching, all the time.

Absolute rubbish week this week. Before every trade I am watching the indices the share is in, the index, i.e retail index I am using technical analysis to get my entry right. Every trade the this week the market has turned a while after I entered and moved against me. I have been stopped out a few times we realistic stops and the market has turned again and run back up. I have read many traders say it seems someone is watching their trades and moving things against them ,I know this is complete rubbish but after a week like this I am not so sure ha ha.

agreed.......yesterday;) for me was a farce .............

They can watch my trades all they like... maybe they will learn something about consistency :whistling