Motivation to keep going when you thought of quitting - View Link

LOL I think it's meant to illustrate that he cannot do the simple things most people are able to do (like reading books and making phone calls).

well what a defeatest attitude. Instead of showing what he can't do he should show off all the cool things he can do like

* dick about on tables for a job without having to take your clothes off
* fit in the child seat of a shopping trolley
* fit in a rucksack
* fit in places normal people generally can't fit
* put a 50cc engine in one of these

Little-Tikes-Cozy-Coupe-Car.jpg

and whizz around on it

well what a defeatest attitude. Instead of showing what he can't do he should show off all the cool things he can do like

* dick about on tables for a job without having to take your clothes off
* fit in the child seat of a shopping trolley
* fit in a rucksack
* fit in places normal people generally can't fit
* put a 50cc engine in one of these

Little-Tikes-Cozy-Coupe-Car.jpg

and whizz around on it

LOL :LOL:

Your sympathy is always appreciated, Dash ;)

TBH going back to the original point of this thread - I don't get it...
A bad trading day is unavoidable, goes with the turf.
If its continual mounting losses, don't think about quitting, just do it.
Can't get my head around why someone with no arms and legs would make you
feel good about negative variance in a positive expectancy strategy...:whistling

Emotional detachment, or more bluntly, don't give a f**k when you have a bad day.
Watching this video and making a connection between it and losing money strikes me
as a sign that the connection between financial losses and despair are still intact and need sorting...

*NIHD* buyout rumour from good $6-8 ashare,

NII Holdings Launches iOS Version of PTT App

97 percent of the worlds smart phones, and new app launched for Google and IPhone, , loading up between 3.50 -3.75 a share this will be double by next week or end of this week, huge day today, i'm loading 300k -500k in there today, this one is gonna be huge dont miss NIHD

motivation (the desire to succeed).... the simple belief that YOU can achieve greatness in your trading, that's what got me through the dark trying years of being spanked by the markets.

That and the fact that trading Options really is the best job in the world that I can think of for me.

Lloyd

motivation (the desire to succeed).... the simple belief that YOU can achieve greatness in your trading, that's what got me through the dark trying years of being spanked by the markets.

That and the fact that trading Options really is the best job in the world that I can think of for me.

Lloyd

And from where you derive the strength to keep this competitive spirit? I think best way to keep your in balance is making profit. Otherwise losses will quickly exhaust your motivation

And from where you derive the strength to keep this competitive spirit? I think best way to keep your in balance is making profit. Otherwise losses will quickly exhaust your motivation

Too true gerryg, but that has never been my personal issue, I have pretty much always managed reasonable well with the winners vs. losers ratio. I never accepted that I should be happy or be considered a great trader making only 3-6 out of 10 trades I always knew and saw I could do better than that and with the early years of large account sized losses and even the blown accounts I put it all down to my education and the learning curve but mainly just a pure and simple desire to beat the markets and make a career as an options trader has seen me continue through the dark times. I do make it tough for myself as my personality puts big pressure or expectations on myself, a psychological downside I guess but I am a determined person when I want something and I love proving people wrong.

Don't get me wrong though there was plenty of dark moments in the early years where you could see me walking the beach during the market hours after exiting a trade where I was hit hard, cursing and swearing at myself and the so called big boys of the markets for spanking me. Plenty of times I'd swear someone was waiting for my entries watching my account, plenty of times hating the game but I always believed all those psychological beatings and losses were all part of the future success and would ease up eventually with experience.

One of the hardest things I often struggled with early on was I felt my trading was 2 steps forward 1 or 2 steps back and the finish line (successful account gains) was always getting further and further into the distance as I would learn lesson after lesson. This was a hurdle I had to mentally get over after being misled or pre-programmed I guess by a useless so called Options education company.

Making +/- 100% account gains monthly though funnily enough props your chin up and also helps keep the interest or belief in that what you are doing is the right thing and that one will eventually be able to call yourself 'a trader' in saying that though, what is true success in trading?

Never give op on the dream... tomorrow is always another day, another trade.
Lloyd

If you ever feel like quitting, you obviously don't have the passion for trading and are likely just looking for quick easy money.. You should just throw in the towel.

A good and valid comment...good call.

Right from day one, I conditioned my mind with the though that I will loose some and win some, and as long as my profit is more than my losses, am good to go. What keeps me going on them very bad days with plenty of losses is that I know that I can bounce bad, taking one win at a time. I also go through forums and read about other trader’s success stories; this also motivates me.

Absolute rubbish week this week. Before every trade I am watching the indices the share is in, the index, i.e retail index I am using technical analysis to get my entry right. Every trade the this week the market has turned a while after I entered and moved against me. I have been stopped out a few times we realistic stops and the market has turned again and run back up. I have read many traders say it seems someone is watching their trades and moving things against them ,I know this is complete rubbish but after a week like this I am not so sure ha ha.

Absolute rubbish week this week. Before every trade I am watching the indices the share is in, the index, i.e retail index I am using technical analysis to get my entry right. Every trade the this week the market has turned a while after I entered and moved against me. I have been stopped out a few times we realistic stops and the market has turned again and run back up. I have read many traders say it seems someone is watching their trades and moving things against them ,I know this is complete rubbish but after a week like this I am not so sure ha ha.

You might want to add the FTSE itself, not just the sector. If the FTSE's topping or on the verge of the downside, your not safe long or short. Short when the FTSE's definitely down (on your timeframe of course) and then choose weak sector, weak stock.
You sit on your hands more, but your chances definitely go up.
Just my experience of course

You might want to add the FTSE itself, not just the sector. If the FTSE's topping or on the verge of the downside, your not safe long or short. Short when the FTSE's definitely down (on your timeframe of course) and then choose weak sector, weak stock.
You sit on your hands more, but your chances definitely go up.
Just my experience of course

Thanks Malaguti,
I just read somewhere else on here that trying to catch a trend reversal is suicide, which basically what I have been doing every day, waiting for the big movers up or down to reverse and catch the reversal trend.