Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Trading 101 always have a spare mouse.:mad:

Two different stories for hard and soft commodities.
Supply and demand still alive in that sector.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...-global-crop-outweighs-black-sea-tension.html
http://www.theage.com.au/business/m...9-as-global-glut-deepens-20140828-109s8e.html

A shortage of wheat for bread...
"Let them eat Melon"
http://imarketreports.com/french-farmers-call-for-eu-help-to-offset-russian-import-ban.html

PARIS–French farmers Thursday called on the European Union to help offset the impact that a Russian ban on imports of a wide range of food products could have on domestic prices.
Wines and spirits–which are not covered by the Russian ban–make up 40% of Russian imports from France, while fruit, such as peaches, apples and melons, vegetables, cheese, pork and beef account for the rest.

"US President Obama says US is not taking military action to solve Ukraine; Russia has been isolated by sanctions"
I hope Poland has started strengthening its borders !

morning everyone

good article

"When the bond market rises, the stock market eventually follows. When the bond market falls, the stock market isn’t far behind. The two assets are in constant battle for investors’ love. Their perpetual tug-of-war is at the heart of financial markets. Short-term rates are also important, and that’s why the Federal Reserve is so closely watched."

http://www.crossingwallstreet.com/a...y-which-explains-the-entire-stock-market.html

dow cash 17,112 (mid)

cnbc pundit trying to scare people, giving out flawed info about sept past performance

'kin 'ell Lexy how big was your position. They're going for it.

Was a whopping £2 per point! (spreadbet account rather than my futures account, since it was an evil SHORT trade which I never really expect to work out! :))

They gobbled it up, as expected.

Still, been a brilliant trading week. Now just need to win the weekly comp. A close around here would be OK I think

Wasnt that nice of the spread betting companies to take the dow to 145 out of hours before it plummeted on the open.
Stop run anyone. :whistling

dax PA has been good and "obeying" fibs today
It has not been easy, but with mastering fibs retracement, extensions and alternative price projections there were good trades to take.
I am posting some charts with fibs set up. I have used M15 TF so PA can be easier spotted, but these levels will work on any TF or tick charts.

Dax 02 is a set up taken from yesterday's PA taking into account the first move south, please have a look at RET 38.2, once defended EXT 224 was almost hit (within 3 pips)

Dax 01 is yesterday's H & L, again Ret61.8 has been defended and price achieved EXT 127.2

Dax03 todays first move south (aqua colour line) and EXT 224 of that first move has been well achieved

Take any of these three charts singularly or better combined and there is a well organised approach to get some good pips.

I do realise that for some it might look complicated, but in reality it is not that difficult at all once some concepts of market structure are masterred
It does not mean that anyone is sure what is going to happen, just pointing out the possible scenarios.

I have started the day on the long side, closed longs near today's top, and reversed to short once that zone has been defended with the targets well pointed by yesterdays set up, confirmed by today's set ups too.

Finished for the week.
Wishing all a nice weekend
2be

Attachments

• 2014-08-29_155315.png Dax M15 02.png
    2014-08-29_155315.png Dax M15 02.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 2014-08-29_155010.png Dax M15 01.png
    2014-08-29_155010.png Dax M15 01.png
    67.4 KB · Views: 107
  • 2014-08-29_155635.png dax m15 03.png
    2014-08-29_155635.png dax m15 03.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 125
Just taken a look at daxy daily chart :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Up 50 down 150 up 100. :LOL:

Someone asked me recently why I dont trade FTSE anymore, I think this answers the question.

Reactions: 2be
FTSE 29th Aug

Just taken a look at daxy daily chart :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Up 50 down 150 up 100. :LOL:

Someone asked me recently why I dont trade FTSE anymore, I think this answers the question.

The DAX lead the FTSE this after noon from 13:40 and I got 30 pips today on the FTSE and could have got more if I'd kept the last long trade on longer! I'm still experimenting but it was a very encouraging day for me.