Still Surviving Market Neutral

Niall

I thought I would start a new thread on Market Neutral Swing Trading... the thread I started last year turned out pretty interesting and I was wondering how any others were getting on with it in their various ways. For myself I am only really interested in the swing trading element of the strategy rather than intra-day.. anyone who is interested but who did not see the prevous thread might like to read it here http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=9183&page=1&pp=10 in which there are many fascinating posts about it and differing approaches to the overall strategy.

I have been attempting to make it work for me for over a year now and cannot claim to have really figured it out yet.. not made the breakthrough that I wanted.. but neither consider it a failure.. and for any struggling or aspiring traders I would at least say that I believe if you love trading... the act of trading and the fun of it... for me the foremost priority is to find a way to survive first, succeed second. That at least I HAVE achieved thus far... and with over three years of survival behind me I still hope to eventually make that elusive breakthrough into a worthwhile profit ultimately. Of course when I started I thought I would be rolling in filthy loot by now! But there you go... lol

Anyway, I was thinking that if there are still a few swing trading market neutral enthusiasts out there I might get a paltalk room open where we could chat about it and share thoughts in real time.. even maybe just once a week like in the evening during the last couple of hours of trading on a friday.. I tend to do my trading work now every night after 6pm uk time... as I now generally enter and close individual stocks or pairs near eod... usually I try to watch the open in case of erratic behaviour just in case.

I will post a link to this at the end of the other thread just so any people subscribed to that will see this new thread..

Niall

Niall said:
I thought I would start a new thread on Market Neutral Swing Trading... the thread I started last year turned out pretty interesting and I was wondering how any others were getting on with it in their various ways. For myself I am only really interested in the swing trading element of the strategy rather than intra-day.. anyone who is interested but who did not see the previous thread might like to read it here http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=9183&page=1&pp=10 in which there are many fascinating posts about it and differing approaches to the overall strategy.

I have been attempting to make it work for me for over a year now and cannot claim to have really figured it out yet.. not made the breakthrough that I wanted.. but neither consider it a failure.. and for any struggling or aspiring traders I would at least say that I believe if you love trading... the act of trading and the fun of it... for me the foremost priority is to find a way to survive first, succeed second. That at least I HAVE achieved thus far... and with over three years of survival behind me I still hope to eventually make that elusive breakthrough into a worthwhile profit ultimately. Of course when I started I thought I would be rolling in filthy loot by now! But there you go... lol

Anyway, I was thinking that if there are still a few swing trading market neutral enthusiasts out there I might get a paltalk room open where we could chat about it and share thoughts in real time.. even maybe just once a week like in the evening during the last couple of hours of trading on a friday.. I tend to do my trading work now every night after 6pm uk time... as I now generally enter and close individual stocks or pairs near eod... usually I try to watch the open in case of erratic behaviour just in case.

I will post a link to this at the end of the other thread just so any people subscribed to that will see this new thread..

Niall
NIALL,

There are many examples of market neutral strategies on this BB mostly posted by myself ,, I have been using the technique for over 4 years with a consistent over all gain year after year ..My approach to creating a market neutral position is rather different to the correlation analysis techniques which is often mentioned and used to create a neutral position but has been taking a momentun specially amongst professional traders using the VWAP technique..

I am currently trading for myself and a USA ( UK division ) bank other wise I would accept the pal talk idea to contribute some thing to our community ...

After reading my posts , if you still have any question please don't hesitate to email me ..