Dow intraday 18-21 Jan

gollum

shorting opportunity looking likely . the bottom trendline will be on 664 at open for target. The 2 lower dotted lines are support going back to 8th & 9th Dec.
Could we be at the point of a small triangle..?

Attachments

• Day trading the DOW 10 min 18 jan.gif
    Day trading the DOW 10 min 18 jan.gif
    23.5 KB · Views: 404
tks CM. my mistake
I actually meant to say 'top trendline' at 664. thinking it would meet this and fall but as all can see opposite happened..

That "healthy dose of PD" from Friday eventually comes good....Didn't look like it at the open , did it?
Expect a big bump at 664. :cheesy:

Attachments

• dow 18-01-05 10.gif
    dow 18-01-05 10.gif
    42.6 KB · Views: 405
Open expanding triangle has target T1. Multiple tests on 600 after ND's looks like forming strong support. If we bump 32 tomorrow, look for a move back to 600 for support. If we go through 632, look for res at 664 /670 which might be strong.

Attachments

• dow 18-01-05 1.gif
    dow 18-01-05 1.gif
    28.6 KB · Views: 431
Hi Gang

Haven’t had much time for posting lately – been too busy with a spot of property development – improvements to the Trading Shed – you’ll notice the difference immediately in the view from the ShedCam below…….

Always a timely reminder to nurture and enhance your shedload...... :cool:

Ye of little bullish faith, will have no doubt been phased by the bears having a small cut of the action recently, but in conjunction with my alter ego, Mystic Meg, I can reveal that 11300 is still in the frame and the chart attached shows how it’s gonna get there….

The 425ish height of the major consolidation is the clue, so it’s next stop resistance at 875 and wait for the breakout…..

Geddit……?........... ;)

Attachments

• Dow 19-01-05.gif
    Dow 19-01-05.gif
    26.8 KB · Views: 457
  • shed.jpg
    shed.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 360
Hi TS, welcome back..
"Ye of little bullish faith" Well the horns are out of the box this morning.. ;) some trending to 664 will do nicely..
So when are you moving into Little House on the Prairie..?
room for a pool table at least.. :cheesy:

Never even made 32. Dropped 600 without batting an eyelid, to rest on down channel support at 540. Post market news has crashed us down to 470 ish.

Attachments

• dow 19-01-05 10.gif
    dow 19-01-05 10.gif
    41.5 KB · Views: 363
Clearly no stomach for 600+ so down it went. If you went short early on and stayed in with the 100MA rules, you would have bagged a few points.....

Attachments

• dow 19-01-05 1.gif
    dow 19-01-05 1.gif
    29.1 KB · Views: 367
just my bearish view as so many are still very bullish

Attachments

• snapshot-47.png
    snapshot-47.png
    57.2 KB · Views: 352
a more bullish view consistant with others on the net

Attachments

• snapshot-48.png
    snapshot-48.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 265
Just a quick query among the dow traders here, I know people post charts of the actual index DOW, I'm interested to know which chart makes your entry and exit ...would it be the YM chart or the dow index chart itself. This is after all your analysis looking at other futuers etc , which chart do you find the most helpful in making an entry/exit and in which timeframe, 10 sec,1 min? I 'm assuming this as most trade the YM here or have I got it totally wronga dn am barking up the wrong tree altogether.

Thanks in advance

Hi sall,

I use the 1 min YM chart for entry and exit, with confirmation from the 5 and 60 min YM charts and a glance at the daily INDU and other main indexes. I will sometimes switch the 5 min to ES or NQ for a few seconds to see what they're up to at decision points too.

karmit said:
any advice for next week? long or short?

Yes Karmit. Trade what you see and not what ANYONE tells you may or may not be going to happen, including myself. It's all well and good having a go at predicting what is going to happen tomorrow/next week, but it's purely TA guesswork based on what we see today. Yesterday looked good for a move up, until the news crashed everything,
Not what you wanted to hear, but take heed of what I say. You'll never learn anything taking someone else's advice/opinion and acting on it.. That will just help you empty your bank account a bit quicker. Why? because when it doesn't go according to advice, you end up saying to yourself ' I was told it was going up, so I'd better stay in'..................

My crash figures from last night don't match up.Can't see why... never mind . Good prediction for today though. :cheesy:
Oh well. Sitting mid channel and close to December lows of 432.

Attachments

• dow 20-01-05 10.gif
    dow 20-01-05 10.gif
    39.2 KB · Views: 198
No much to get your teeth into today, save the triangle break with an easy out on the O/S at 460.Still room to get down to 432.

Attachments

• dow 20-01-05 1.gif
    dow 20-01-05 1.gif
    29.5 KB · Views: 208
Oh well, so much for bullish thoughts of an end of week bounce to give the bears a sore head…..!........ :LOL:

Must confess that I spent the beginning of the session looking for a long, but eventually saw the light, and went short at the triangle break at 10480, and can now afford a packet of pork scratchings to go with the evening shandy (or something..)

Research from TrimTabs has revealed that mutual fund inflows to US stocks in the first 10 days of ’05 were ZERO, and what with most hedge funds ending ‘04 at maximum leverage long in anticipation of new year gains (now forced sellers) there has been no buying power in the market (you’ve noticed that haven’t you……?!?)

And what with Warren Buffett advising US investors to put their money into international funds and the Euro…… :(

And is that a H&S showing on the 4hr chart.......?..........(but don't discount the possibility of a 'handbrake turn' with many Dow components reporting earnings next week.....one good 'spark' could ignite a 150 point rally fuelled by short covering imho.... ;) )

Attachments

• 21-01-05.gif
    21-01-05.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 193
  • 21-01-05A.gif
    21-01-05A.gif
    21.5 KB · Views: 183
  • Warren-Buffett.jpg
    Warren-Buffett.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 242
Room to go down to 432 eh? :cheesy: Easy peesy. :( Hope the rot stops here....thats bottom line support. Lower than that is unthinkable. :cheesy:
We'll see next week......

Attachments

• dow 21-01-05 10.gif
    dow 21-01-05 10.gif
    43.7 KB · Views: 189
Nice 100 point drop, with a pullback triangle just over the 20 points to T1.But that drop into well O/S at 425 would have prompted a close...

Attachments

• dow 21-01-05 1.gif
    dow 21-01-05 1.gif
    28.7 KB · Views: 238