when should i get out of the market ??

This is a discussion on when should i get out of the market ?? within the Psychology, Risk & Money Management forums, part of the Methods category; Do you know that knowing when to be out is as important as knowing when to be in ?? let's ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 7, 2015, 1:58pm   #1
Joined Nov 2014
when should you get out of the market ??

Do you know that knowing when to be out is as important as knowing when to be in ??

let's see why , as we all know there is no method can work with the market all th time , ofcourse there is time your method will not be able to give you the profits you want , or it should give , so when should i know and how , and after i know it what should I do ??

at the begening it depends on the outcome , and the plan you follow , for exampe if you trade with the price action and you don't have a CLEAR pattern to put on a trade don't let your mind draw a pattern in order to convennce your self to trade , the pattern is the pattern don't convence your self to imagine the trades which ofcourse will cause you to lose money at the end , so as a rule { do nothing when there is nothing to do } which means if you see the money sitting there in front of you go get it , but if you don't have the chance stay out until the chance comes to you .. ..

#trading_rules_of_success

Last edited by zedanzz; Jan 7, 2015 at 3:28pm.
zedanzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2015, 4:58pm   #2
Joined Jan 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedanzz View Post
Do you know that knowing when to be out is as important as knowing when to be in ??

let's see why , as we all know there is no method can work with the market all th time , ofcourse there is time your method will not be able to give you the profits you want , or it should give , so when should i know and how , and after i know it what should I do ??

at the begening it depends on the outcome , and the plan you follow , for exampe if you trade with the price action and you don't have a CLEAR pattern to put on a trade don't let your mind draw a pattern in order to convennce your self to trade , the pattern is the pattern don't convence your self to imagine the trades which ofcourse will cause you to lose money at the end , so as a rule { do nothing when there is nothing to do } which means if you see the money sitting there in front of you go get it , but if you don't have the chance stay out until the chance comes to you .. ..

#trading_rules_of_success
Sometimes there are sone charts you ld better leave alone.

Look at that EURCAD : no trend, no consolidation figure, tangled SMAs, and wicks everywhere. This is the kind of chart you do not want to trade. Better stay out and wait for it to settle down a little bit.
Attached Thumbnails
eurcad.png  
stefcio2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2015, 3:31pm   #4
Joined Nov 2014
zedanzz started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefcio2002 View Post

Look at that EURCAD : no trend, no consolidation figure, tangled SMAs, and wicks everywhere. This is the kind of chart you do not want to trade. Better stay out and wait for it to settle down a little bit.
of course i agree with you , and don't bother convencing your self that you will find good trades on these pairs insted of finding a clear trends to trade with ! i wonder why people always try to convence themselves with this ! you can find a better place to make money ! you have the EUR USD for examle is a clear down trend long time ago , why should you stick with a pair like the EUR CAD if it was like this ! .. by the way i agree with you that the trend is not good enough to trade it in an easy way .
thank you
Old Feb 22, 2015, 3:52pm   #5
Joined Nov 2014
zedanzz started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefcio2002 View Post

of course i agree with you , and don't bother convencing your self that you will find good trades on these pairs insted of finding a clear trends to trade with ! i wonder why people always try to convence themselves with this ! you can find a better place to make money ! you have the EUR USD for examle is a clear down trend long time ago , why should you stick with a pair like the EUR CAD if it was like this ! .. by the way i agree with you that the trend is not good enough to trade it in an easy way .
thank you
Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:19am   #6
Joined Feb 2015
i think when you think its time for your retirement from the market or you think you got enough money from the market and you want to start some other business !!!! i think thats the right time
smokealarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2017, 8:57pm   #7
Joined Jan 2017
It is easy to enter the market, there are many different techniques ... but how about leaving? There is a fundamental difference between a trader who has an exact exit plan or none at all. No matter if the positions are in profits or in flames, as a trader you really need two exit strategies: one to control profits and another to control losses. And when it comes to profits, you also need to know how to protect them.

Therefore, exit planning includes a loss stop strategy to get out of bad trades, a profit protection strategy to get out of winning trades, and another strategy to save the neck in case of unforeseen risks. You will need the three tactics in each operation, because anything can happen once you press the enter command button.
cesar470 is offline   Reply With Quote