Find out why 90% of all traders lose and 10% win

This is a discussion on Find out why 90% of all traders lose and 10% win within the Psychology, Risk & Money Management forums, part of the Methods category; Most lose because traders take advantage of points where the majority are at risk i.e they push prices past everyone's ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 26, 2005, 7:55am   #31

9 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
Why 90% lose

Most lose because traders take advantage of points where the majority are at risk i.e they push prices past everyone's stops.

The "Short Squeeze" methodology of trading is a very popular method used by the hedge funds to achieve this. Whether investors are right or wrong about the direction of the shares - fundamentally or technically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbphoenix
Actually, I'm more interested in why 90% (apparently) of all traders can't spell "lose" . . .

Given the general illiteracy of the website ("uncanning accuracy"?), I'd be cautious.

Last edited by shortrank; Apr 26, 2005 at 7:57am. Reason: Making this clearer
shortrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2005, 8:33am   #32
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by chump
Spit,
No problem..but just to explain..I have been playing around in property for nearly 30 years and you could rightly say for most of that time I have been 'bullish' ,but over that time I have never sat back and assumed this stuff can only go up let's sit on it...in other words I have bought and sold to varying degrees always leaving a part of my asset value in there that I was happy with ,but always taking money and banking it. My argument here is simply that this approach is no different whether I apply it to property or any other instrument.. It's a question of risk and in that sense I say property is no different to any other financial instrument...the problem is though that people are still not seeing that they are falling into the trap that your property statement alludes to and so I guess in another generation we are going to have yet another crowd of people bleating that their long term investments were 'missold' or similar when in fact they mismanaged their risk.

LOL...Mr Gold that's a lovely wicked sense of humour
I'm beginning to wonder whether future generations will have get used to renting.
It looks like quite a different ball game. In Spain, we are talking about 30 sq.metre apartments and the down payment is appalling for young people to find. No wonder that they do not marry and still live at home!

Glad we're friends! You had me worried for a while!

Split
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2005, 8:38am   #33
Joined Dec 2003
Split..
I was posting a view..none of my comments were aimed at you in a personal sense..
Old Apr 26, 2005, 12:21pm   #34
Joined Jan 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitlink
I'm beginning to wonder whether future generations will have get used to renting.
It looks like quite a different ball game. In Spain, we are talking about 30 sq.metre apartments and the down payment is appalling for young people to find. No wonder that they do not marry and still live at home!

Glad we're friends! You had me worried for a while!

Split
I am amazed at how a married couple with maybe children could live in a 30sq.m apartment, I used to live in Spain in a 90sq.m apt and I never thought that was very big, I think something like 120sq.m would be ideal.
eddyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2017, 7:35am   #35
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbphoenix View Post
Even people in their 30s can feel old when they realize that some of the people trading online now weren't even born during the real estate bubble of the 80s . . .
U missed it.
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote