Currency Strength Meter

son of soros

Hi

There are many useful meters out there which constantly (dde feed) into metatrader etc, and tell us which currencies are strongest (in rank order) to weakness.

"Fatman" by Hawkeye, and "Currency strength meter" by Tom Yeomans are all available at a price, as are free meters (but the free ones have no history available, so you can't gauge trend strength with established strength v weakness of a currency).

Does anyone have any excel spreadsheet or formula I could use that would help me build my own meter?

I know that on a basic level, I could flip through all currency pairs on my trading platform and get a visual check on how the single currencies are doing, but if there is anyone with a specific formula, it would be interesting to review.

Thanks all

P Fulop

Hi

There are many useful meters out there which constantly (dde feed) into metatrader etc, and tell us which currencies are strongest (in rank order) to weakness.

"Fatman" by Hawkeye, and "Currency strength meter" by Tom Yeomans are all available at a price, as are free meters (but the free ones have no history available, so you can't gauge trend strength with established strength v weakness of a currency).

Does anyone have any excel spreadsheet or formula I could use that would help me build my own meter?

I know that on a basic level, I could flip through all currency pairs on my trading platform and get a visual check on how the single currencies are doing, but if there is anyone with a specific formula, it would be interesting to review.

Thanks all

P Fulop

Try these meters buddy, they have helped me big time in my trading!
One is Trend dashboard from FOREX BRILLIANCE, and the other is The Currecncy Meter, from NEWS PROFITEER, both amazing(for me!), both FREE! good luck!

Thanks MuscleXT, that's great. The newsprofiteer is a great one......

however I was wondering if anyone new the formala these guys use to produce the meters? I can then produce my own in excel - which unlike newsprofiteer etc - could give a history of each currency's strength, rather than just a snapshot of the currency strength in the present moment.

Cheers, and enjoy the bank holiday weekend

Hi

Thanks all

P Fulop

I looked at both sites and cant see that anything is free

Thanks MuscleXT, that's great. The newsprofiteer is a great one......

however I was wondering if anyone new the formala these guys use to produce the meters? I can then produce my own in excel - which unlike newsprofiteer etc - could give a history of each currency's strength, rather than just a snapshot of the currency strength in the present moment.

Cheers, and enjoy the bank holiday weekend

There is already an Excel version but whether it uses the same formulas is an unknown.

Paul

Hi

Thanks all

P Fulop

Hi mate...

plenty of freebee indicators out there (like mine) that can deliver what you need above ....but assuming you are totally in need of an Excel version for other purposes ?

I Think JRP who posts on my thread may have something if you realy want excel

really think you need to dig deeper first though on the quality of the free stuff now out there..... lat time i looked toms (yeomans) was $600 CAD a pop ...and jason fielder seems to be seling a strenghtmeter soon for ......$2000.... if his track record is anythng to go by !!!

dig deeper

Regards
NVP

I've been using fxmri currency strength meter for the past 2 weeks and I like to use it, it gives the history of each currency strength. its free until now :)

I've been using fxmri currency strength meter for the past 2 weeks and I like to use it, it gives the history of each currency strength. its free until now :)

Hey George

can you send me a link here.....I love eyeballing Strengthmeters !

Neil

Sorry for the late reply....

it's a great tool for newbie and experienced traders, Here is the link to get it

www.fxmri.com

thanks - had a look and joined it (y)

not bad at all ....but I dont like the restrictions imposed by the starting periods

ie daily moves from 00.00am
Weekly moves from monday 00.00 am

markets dont adhere to start dates so you lose the continuity and trend moves

(no I wont do the obvious plug here re my systems :eek: so we'll leave it at that)

7/10 for useage then from me - but it shows the concept of strenghtmeters off a treat !

regards
NVP

Hello,

Guys please help me am begging.
Am a newbie.
I bought Toms Strength Meter.
But i dont even know the basics of forex,, i have read the forex grail but i dont understand it.
I heard i dont have to learn a lot in forex before using the meter.
My question is this.
What do i need to learn?
please help me

Hello,

Am a newbie.
But i dont even know the basics of forex,, i have read the forex grail but i dont understand it.
My question is this.
What do i need to learn?
please help me

Please check your PMs if you haven't already done so.

Hello,

Am a newbie.
My question is this.
What do i need to learn?
please help me

hey mate

reach out to Tom as I suggested on the pm ............

N

Try these meters buddy, they have helped me big time in my trading!
One is Trend dashboard from FOREX BRILLIANCE, and the other is The Currecncy Meter, from NEWS PROFITEER, both amazing(for me!), both FREE! good luck!

Thanks. I also was not familiar with these meters and looking for something like this.