Office Chair

wh92stang

I don't know if this is the right area for this post, but my office chair is ridiculously uncomfortable. I just bought it about 6 months ago, it was about $130 USD, so not a really cheap one. But sitting in it for 8 hours a day with small breaks here and there my butt gets sore... haha. :cry: Anyways, does anybody have any recommendations? I'm willing to spend whatever, as long as the thing is comfortable.

leather chairs will give you a sweaty ar$e - go for mesh / mesh-like material.

Hah, I was just thinking about getting a new chair.

I like the looks of the one Arabianights posted, but the one I have looked like that when I bought it! I paid around £200-£300 but I'm a fairly tall person so my back is resting on the area designed for the neck, and my actual neck just hangs there...

Any other ideas, prefferably a chair withouth arm rests?

Hi,
Imho $130 will not buy a decent chair,i have a KAB controller executive chair which i am happy sitting in 247 and find it very comfortable.I think i paid approx $750 for it though but money well spent.

Regards
Graham

I've tried all sorts of chairs over the years and none suited me until I took one of our high backed dining chairs and used that with a cushion on it.

I just ordered a Herman Miller Mirra from Amazon. Expensive, but hopefully worth it. Good reviews and I can return it if I don't like it (but I've got to pay for shipping if I send it back). I'll report back once I've sat in it for a little while.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I thought $130 was a lot considering the range was like $50-$150 at Office Depot, but I guess the best of junk is still junk.

You have expensive taste. I was actually going to reply and suggest a Herman Miller.

this is the only I could find... its cool but a bit to squere for the 21st century

Attachments

• 44765_ZKBZDsDl5HJkcP2c9dCjCc_OK.jpg
    44765_ZKBZDsDl5HJkcP2c9dCjCc_OK.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 6,212
Never miss another trade.

Or alternatively, never fear the after-effects of an account-blowing trade going against you.

toilet_chair.jpg

Thanks Jack o'Clubs.

I just saw that post and pic and it really made my day! I can remember several times when I could have put it to good use!

Peter

Last edited:
This is my chair. Got it second hand - the bloke who had it wasn't it using it anymore.

Napoleon-Throne.480.jpg

Why? Because I'm worth it.

But sitting in it for 8 hours a day with small breaks here and there my butt gets sore... haha. :cry: Anyways, does anybody have any recommendations? I'm willing to spend whatever, as long as the thing is comfortable.

I used to suffer from the sore butt problem with my old chair. Don't know why for sure, but I think it was probably down to poor posture:

chair.jpg

Last edited:
Hey! I’m looking for a very designer like office chair. Can you guys help me?

I heard that CHARLES EAMES chair is the best option to go for and is available at STAPLES CORNER Stores. What do you say guys?:rolleyes:

Okay guy actually i understand your problem because i have also same problem then my friend suggest to me AMALFI, QUINTO, RIALTO designed chairs these chairs are more comfy to other chairs they are also available in STAPLES and many big malls . Actually guy these chairs are reproduction of CHARLES EAMES so i think we should not worry about quality and reliable.

Working in an office typically involves spending a great deal of time sitting in an office chair —a position that adds stress to the structures in the spine. Therefore, to avoid developing or compounding back problems, it's important to have an office chair that's ergonomic and that supports the lower back and promotes good posture.

I just bought a new chair, supposed to be "Ergonomic".

My old chair was rickety and falling to bits, wheels were all offline and the chair hung over to the one side (depending on where the revolving base was). It was however mostly comfortable, although I did think this could be improved upon, considering how many hours per day I use it.

Anyway, thought it was time for a change, so got a similar one albeit a much more expensive one, last one was about 60€ (lol) this new one was just over 200€.

Point is, it hurts..just seems to make me feel more hunched over. Maybe my last un-ergonomic cheapie had just moulded to me over the years or something, but its much more comfortable than this new one.

Last edited:
If you think about it, it's specifically designed to minimize fatigue and allow people to sit comfortably for hours The main reason it's so comfortable is that it's powered which allows me to change my chairs then I have used reproduction of CHARLES EAMES so i think we should not worry about quality and reliable AMALFI, QUINTO, RIALTO chairs the design also steals the classic lawn-chair look, with its slatted construction.

For a UK based chair, I can seriously recommend the higher end products at Staples. I bought their brown leather executive chair for just over £200, it is remarkable.

Well worth the money, and I could happily sleep in it. The arm-rests are an absolute must in my opinion also, they just help me put my arms or elbows somewhere when I'm reading.