oildaytrader

How many of you have M B A degrees?

1)Zupcon

2)O D T

3)aRABIAN nIGHTS

4)Spitlink

5).......Own up everybody

http://sevencastles.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!7C5A2F3DB6C97D9A!12286.entry

Have you ever heard of this MBA (Message Board Addiction)? With such an MBA, you start a new thread almost every day or at least every week; you post at work and at home, during the day and at night; you post more than 20 times in one day and do this regularly; you check the board always before you do homework/chores; you have missed a meal while on the board; you have told funny stories

How many of you have M B A degrees?

1)Zupcon

2)O D T

3)aRABIAN nIGHTS

4)Spitlink

5).......Own up everybody

http://sevencastles.spaces.live.com /blog/cns!7C5A2F3DB6C97D9A!12286.entry

Have you ever heard of this MBA (Message Board Addiction)? With such an MBA, you start a new thread almost every day or at least every week; you post at work and at home, during the day and at night; you post more than 20 times in one day and do this regularly; you check the board always before you do homework/chores; you have missed a meal while on the board; you have told funny stories

Travis has a Ph D :cool: :sleep:

Hope that Travis won't read this :rolleyes:

I've only ever started one thread, and the next will be to announce my departure on the day I leave, which you'll all be happy to hear is going to be real soon :)

I've only ever started one thread, and the next will be to announce my departure on the day I leave, which you'll all be happy to hear is going to be real soon :)

o k then , we will give royalty for Zupconite to charity

I was going to say i did have an MBA but then i read ' You have told funny stories ' and obviously i don't want to lie.

Oh well...

I was going to say i did have an MBA but then i read ' You have told funny stories ' and obviously i don't want to lie.

Oh well...

Pity , the best traders are morons, Mr Nobodys,Mr no brains.(no disrespect intended)

Figure it out why?

Pity , the best traders are morons, Mr Nobodys,Mr no brains.(no disrespect intended)

Figure it out why?

The best traders are trend followers, traders who just follow a simple set of trend following rules.These rules are entry,exit , stop and reverse based on price. Successful trading is that simple and does not require much intelligence.

They do not think for themselves about trading set ups ,and do not hesitate and are immune to fear and greed cause they know nothing to fear from.No fancy indicators are used by them , just price .

This method has worked for a hundred years.The trend is your friend.
O D T

I have study 20 years but I get only grey hair... no MBA ....:cry:

:LOL::cheesy::LOL::cheesy::LOL::cheesy:

I have study 20 years but I get only grey hair... no MBA ....:cry:

:LOL::cheesy::LOL::cheesy::LOL::cheesy:

What do expect?Trying to fight against the rest of the snakes in a snake pit.You are not meant to fight trends , just follow them.:LOL:

Trading is a very simple business ,it is really so frecking simple , but we as humans complicate things.:LOL:

Most failed traders are like Kama Sutras,they complicate things for themselves, before they blow up.

butter ??? thats a new one to me , everyone to their own
sure would help to slip in and out easier

What are indicators telling you?They tell you what happened in the past,often this has no relevance to where price is going in the future.Imagine yourself using a car indicator after where the turn should be made.Bonkers.

All those S and p and index traders, say price will remain at this level or that level or the following number will come on the roulette.Its gambling not trading.

Price will remain here or won't go there, its caught between two extremes on range trading .Here the risk reward is very low , cause it is caught between two levels, infact it could be 50 /50 coin toss= no edge.In a trend your risk reward ratio goes up. if you pick strong trends.

The best traders are trend followers, traders who just follow a simple set of trend following rules.These rules are entry,exit , stop and reverse based on price. Successful trading is that simple and does not require much intelligence.

They do not think for themselves about trading set ups ,and do not hesitate and are immune to fear and greed cause they know nothing to fear from.No fancy indicators are used by them , just price .

This method has worked for a hundred years.The trend is your friend.
O D T

This is remarkably accurate, oddly

What are indicators telling you?They tell you what happened in the past,often this has no relevance to where price is going in the future.Imagine yourself using a car indicator after where the turn should be made.Bonkers.

Isn't there a contradiction here? You say that indicators are telling you what happened in the past, but isn't that exactly what trend-following is?

"It's trended up in the past, therefore it will trend up in the future therefore I will buy".

In a trend your risk reward ratio goes up. if you pick strong trends.

And how do you pick strong trends?

The strongest of trends come to an end.

How do you know when it's going to end?

I know there are supposed to be technical ways of doing this, which seem to work sometimes, not always, but if it is indicator-based, then it falls into the category of telling you what happened in the past, as you mentioned above, so I don't see how this gets you further forward.

I am currently of the opinion that it's a balance/mixture of technicals and fundamentals, and knowing when to use which, and to what degree. Easier said than done though.

Isn't there a contradiction here? You say that indicators are telling you what happened in the past, but isn't that exactly what trend-following is?

"It's trended up in the past, therefore it will trend up in the future therefore I will buy".

Exactly buy or sell trend breakouts need some historical confirmation of price ,use mm and positive expectancy , only need trends to be 50% profitable /wins

And how do you pick strong trends?
depends on each market,price,volatility,daily ranges and breakdown

The strongest of trends come to an end.

not much skill is required to trade trends and spot exhaustion/stall in price /reversal on lower t/f

How do you know when it's going to end?
exhaustion,reversal,momentum

I know there are supposed to be technical ways of doing this, which seem to work sometimes, not always, but if it is indicator-based, then it falls into the category of telling you what happened in the past, as you mentioned above, so I don't see how this gets you further forward.

I am currently of the opinion that it's a balance/mixture of technicals and fundamentals, and knowing when to use which, and to what degree. Easier said than done though.

only need to pick small bits of trends , not the whole trends and the only the highest probability bit of the trends.Money management and positive expectancy is the key to successful trading..

As Mr charts said "This is about taking bites out of trends repeatedly and consistently."
The above is a very wise statement.

this is only part of trading. i keep trying to explain this but there is a whole heap more to trading than buy low, sell high. Sometimes for example i want my trading hedge to lose money.

That is the problem : Ranges easy to trade , but strong moves are dangerous .....
Also I don`t trade long downtrends , they are too negative ....:eek:
Pyschological trading is more profitabel for me than logical indicators trading ....

I feel the move is coming , but what direction ???

only need to pick small bits of trends , not the whole trends and the only the highest probability bit of the trends.Money management and positive expectancy is the key to successful trading..

As Mr charts said "This is about taking bites out of trends repeatedly and consistently."
The above is a very wise statement.

i keep trying to explain this but there is a whole heap more to trading than buy low, sell high.

With trend trading that is most definitely the case as often it works out better to Buy high and Sell even higher or Sell low and Buy back even lower.

Paul