searching for best trading company

spreadmonkey

this has probably been asked before, but im new on here so wouldnt know where to look.

im currently using capitol spreads, they very kindly recently dropped the margins on a few instruments (although they didnt mention in the email that they increased it on quite a few others).
the thing i find very annoying is the way they slow down the response rate or cut the connection completely in times of quick and large price movements.
many times ive been trying to make a few quick trades to take advantage of news releases etc only to find the trading window hanging. ether i cant start a trade or stop a live one. it happened again last night, i missed out on what would have been a quick 65 pips purely because of capitol spreads restricting trading for a few mins.

i was originally with city index but moved to capitol for the same reason but have realised they are just as bad.

is this normal practise for eveyone or are there some companies that dont do it, or at least not to such a degree.

thanks, ill go see what i can dig up about them, i worked out for myself about the amount of crooks out there, just makes me more determined to get as much out of this as i can.

Have a go at using Trade Fair, 1 pip spread on EU and I have had no problems with them closing trading. For quick scalping their platform is quick and easy to use and easy on the eye!! In fact I have made money from their pricing being out of sink on EU at times i.e. market moves up 30 pips and their prices stays low.

My main account (and 80% of funds) will always remain with IG Index though...

ive set up a demo ac with IG. do they only do CFD.
im in the uk and would prefer to stick with SB if possible. or is there no difference regarding operation and tax etc

Big difference between CFD's and SB for treatment of tax and leverage...if you plan to lose all your money at trading then do it on a CFD account because that way you can claim losses on your tax return (i.e. get 40% of your losses back, not a bad deal)...if you plan to be the 5% of traders who will make money then do it on a SB account tax free...

this has probably been asked before, but im new on here so wouldnt know where to look.

im currently using capitol spreads, they very kindly recently dropped the margins on a few instruments (although they didnt mention in the email that they increased it on quite a few others).
the thing i find very annoying is the way they slow down the response rate or cut the connection completely in times of quick and large price movements.
many times ive been trying to make a few quick trades to take advantage of news releases etc only to find the trading window hanging. ether i cant start a trade or stop a live one. it happened again last night, i missed out on what would have been a quick 65 pips purely because of capitol spreads restricting trading for a few mins.

i was originally with city index but moved to capitol for the same reason but have realised they are just as bad.

is this normal practise for eveyone or are there some companies that dont do it, or at least not to such a degree.

Choosing a spread betting provider will depend to some extent on your personal preferences. Capital Spreads claims its advanced technology and low overheads mean it can offer its customers the tightest possible spreads, covering shares, indices, commodities and currencies. There are also other spread betting providers. Some of which are as follows:
1. Igindex
2. CMC Markets
3. Cantor Index
4. Finspreads
5. iDealing
6. Spreadex
7. Tradindex

Every spread betting firm has its plus and minus points, so it's up to you to choose.