Any success stories from retail traders?

JohnnyForex

Hello guys,

We`ve heard about all the failures and and shattered dreams in the trading world. The failure rate is without doubt very high.

While it is very important to consider all the failures, I think it would be inspiring and energizing to hear about the guys who made it as well.

So, any success stories on this board or from people you know?

I would very much like to hear about success stories from retail traders who`ve managed to make consistent profits in the market over time, without taking extreme risk, being lucky or in the right place at the right time, etc.

I hope to contribute to this thread one day, but at the moment I still consider myself a student who hopefully will go live early 2010 with the goal of eventually becoming a full-time trader:)

Thanks in advance for sharing,

Regards,

Johnny

Last edited:
I know some very successful retail traders on this board (and, er, two off board); one obvious one coming to mind will fairly regularly have 50 lots on in FTSE (£500pp).

JohnnyForex,

I thought i may have been able to help you out, but then i read "without taking excessive risk", sorry mate, can't help you.

JohnnyForex,

I thought i may have been able to help you out, but then i read "without taking excessive risk", sorry mate, can't help you.

Please share anyway:)

I`m very comfortable assuming risk and will trade highly leveraged instruments when I start up (and have done so in the past when I first started out), but obviously if you are taking extreme risk, which perhaps would better describe what I meant, trading becomes gambling.

What do you think?

I know many who have blown their accounts .Just let me know and I will pm you a list.

Very few profitable ones, many retired and in forced retirement due to lack of additional funds.

Paul Rotter AKA "the flipper" before starting rotter invest he traded his own account through GNI on the TT platform. Causing all that trouble for locals from the comfort of his home

Last edited:
I know some very successful retail traders on this board (and, er, two off board); one obvious one coming to mind will fairly regularly have 50 lots on in FTSE (£500pp).

Would you mind sharing some details?

What would be interesting in particular is the process of how these guys became successful.

How much time invested? Method?

Paul Rotter AKA "the flipper" before starting rotter invest he traded his own account through GNI on the TT platform. Causing all that trouble for locals from the comfort of his home

Interesting. Need to find out more about this guy:)

I know someone that does £1000 pp on currencies, he is a swing trader. He doesnt visit this board, in fact I dont think he goes on forums at all. In fact the guys I know that make major money dont spend any time on forums. Maybe thats where im going wrong :( Quite a negative bunch on here at times.

I know someone that does £1000 pp on currencies, he is a swing trader. He doesnt visit this board, in fact I dont think he goes on forums at all. In fact the guys I know that make major money dont spend any time on forums. Maybe thats where im going wrong :( Quite a negative bunch on here at times.

You're right there are alot of negative traders on this forum and I mean alot.
They are so negative because their equity is negative.
Stay away from the negative people!

What would be successful? How many pips a day would a good trader take in FX market. New to all this but slowly getting there

What would be successful? How many pips a day would a good trader take in FX market. New to all this but slowly getting there

If a trader can take 5 points every day , he is successful.Traders do not need to make anymore.He can trade 100 pounds per point or a thousand

O D T

Pease don't presume that successful traders do not frequent forums.

Trading is a very boring profession and it helps to do whatever, to pass the time while waiting waiting for a setup to unfold.

As a matter of fact there are a lot of successful traders on this forum.

Most of my trading is done by automated software,therefore I am bored all day and have nothing else to do.Today I have enough skills to beat the most successful hedge fund managers ever.

Discussion with other experienced traders will help improve your trading.Just a bit of knowledge here and there adds up to intellectual goldmine.

Most professional traders would be happy with 5 points daily.Some of can make 100 points in day

As a matter of fact most of the traders here are very positive

Attachments

• zupconite 2.htm
    11.3 KB · Views: 334
  • zupconite 2.gif
    zupconite 2.gif
    4.6 KB · Views: 432
Most of my trading is done by automated software,therefore I am bored all day and have nothing else to do.Today I have enough skills to beat the most successful hedge fund managers ever.

Discussion with other experienced traders will help improve your trading.Just a bit of knowledge here and there adds up to intellectual goldmine.

Err, thats a mighty bold claim.....

Err, thats a mighty bold claim.....

Most of these hedge funds were started with failures from Harvard and Stern ,1500 of these dxxxs closed last year.

Most rely on insider info to get those winning trades.Now most are in s5hit without inside info.

Even the most successful ones never made more than 35 % a year consistently, that Is easily beatable.

O D T

The returns generated by a small retailer and a large hedge fund are not really comparable.

If a trader can take 5 points every day , he is successful.Traders do not need to make anymore.He can trade 100 pounds per point or a thousand

O D T

Wouldnt you need quite a substantial amount of capital in your account to trade £100 a point?

Is this what you do?