Windows 7, anyone ?

wheezergeezer

I've been using windows 7 (ultimate) beta version, for a few weeks,
I must admit that I'm not that keen on it at present, very much like using vista,
maybe in a few years time when its ironed out a few problems I'll have changed my mind
but for now, for me Win XP Pro rules.........

.....have moved over to Mac.....the whole lot of gizmos I have is Mac now.....

...Just fed up with Windows....they just can't bring out a system that will work on day one...and when it is nicely settled, they bring out another version.....

...Just fed up with the buggers....so have ditched them for good....

One day I'll buy an apple ....( hardered XP fan at present) can see the attraction,
ps............still getting upgrades etc for XP

Running Win7 64 beta on both my gaming and my trading rigs. No problems at all, much less of a memory hog than Vista.

....Why bring out Win 7 when XP is doing great job...??....

....MS has always issued different operating systems on a willy nilly basisi....

....Windows 3.0.....Then 95....98....Millennium...

...NT....

XP.....Vista....

...and now Win 7...and the EEC people will NOT get upgrade version....They will have to pay full price..!

IF it works why change it...?

Running WIndows 7 Enterprise here since about a month. Slowly moving all workstations over ;) Works likea charm, very nice. Great move forward, I really like some of the gems in there (taskbar with previews - now I need a trading software using it; remote desktop for MULTIPLE SCREENS finally; ability to boot from VHD files, so I can keep multiple installs around without partitioning; ability to play back dvd's without third party, as well as integrate Divx). Lots of nice evolutionary things under the hood ;)

....Why bring out Win 7 when XP is doing great job...??....

....MS has always issued different operating systems on a willy nilly basisi....

....Windows 3.0.....Then 95....98....Millennium...

...NT....

XP.....Vista....

...and now Win 7...and the EEC people will NOT get upgrade version....They will have to pay full price..!

IF it works why change it...?
Youre always crying about everything, in every forum, Go n get a life!!!

....Pointing out FACTS about anything that is not comprehensible approach is normal.....!

.....No need for you to put on a skirt and become a witch of a librarian....!

...Get a dick....and say excuse me before you fart on every column...!!

...Or visit your homeland for a combustible holiday.....know where it is...?

Last edited:
I really like some of the gems in there remote desktop for MULTIPLE SCREENS finally; I can keep multiple installs around without partitioning; ability to play back dvd's without third party, as well as integrate Divx).

Welcome to the world that Linux users have enjoyed for quite some time. You can have all this and more for free - without the malware.

Welcome to the world that Linux users have enjoyed for quite some time. You can have all this and more for free - without the malware.

Really?

Welccome to the real world. Linux / x do not offer the same. Not even close in the same league anymore, since Windows 7. I suggest putting your brain to use and try it out.

You may be surprised.

The whole multi monitor support is a lot better than "just works". It is "just works automatically". I connect, one little box and...
...I get all my screens connected to the windows 7 machine in ONE desktop, with the layout on the remote system matching my local layout 100% automatically (screen number, resolution, relative positions). One desktop across multiple screens.

Btw., with audio and video remoting AND with WCF local execution.

But then, you are more interested in bashing windows than in reality.

Really?

Welccome to the real world. Linux / x do not offer the same. Not even close in the same league anymore, since Windows 7. I suggest putting your brain to use and try it out.

You may be surprised.

The whole multi monitor support is a lot better than "just works". It is "just works automatically". I connect, one little box and...
...I get all my screens connected to the windows 7 machine in ONE desktop, with the layout on the remote system matching my local layout 100% automatically (screen number, resolution, relative positions). One desktop across multiple screens.

Btw., with audio and video remoting AND with WCF local execution.

But then, you are more interested in bashing windows than in reality.

Aside from the video, X does that and more including graphics services for N remote processes spread across M remote machines. DMX extension also supports desktop spread across N monitors attached to M machines. And this stuff has been around for a long time.

And it is about time Windows got a bit of stick for retarded limitations such a not being able to boot alternate kernels off the same boot partition. It's take all this time to make a halfway decent boot loader ? Jeez, this is the 21 st century.

I don't want to make a bold "Mac killer" statement as they always sound overboard, but this will be replacing all the Macs in my house.

Microsoft hit a winner with this OS. I liked XP and Vista got a bad reputation but once you peeled back the layers, it looked a lot like XP. With Windows 7, everything has been redone.

I find it easier to use and much easier to figure out how to get things done.