Trading Update and Results

tdrtw

It's been a long time since I posted on this board and thought I would give you an update. My last thread I posted a long time ago was on the results of my entry into day trading. Looking back I have come a long a way since then, and still have a long way to go.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/30654-does-my-trading-system-stand-chance.html

I NEVER gave up on my desire to win at day trading – NEVER. No matter what was said to me, or how many times the market knocked me around. I stopped talking about it to people because most people have absolutely no understanding of what it is I wanted to do and would just want to tear you down before you were even standing. All the time hearing comments such as “you’re a fool, you will never win in the markets” or “I did it once and lost it all”, comments such as this coming from intelligent people. It became a very lonely pursuit, no one to fall back on in the time of need. I wish in hind sight I had a one on one mentor to help me through it, not a “system seller”, but a mentor. I am proud I made it this far, and finally I feel free to come out of the closet so to say. Those people now pass remarks “can I give you my money to trade” … a compliment indeed, but alas no!

I have stopped trading stocks and over the last year and half and trade only Future Contracts. Below are my results for August. I’m constantly monitoring my system and make minor tweaks on a calendar month basis as I see fit. I take a loss without hesitation or question, and let my profits run until my targets. All the money I invested in books/systems and lost to the markets during ‘training’, I have made it back and so much more now.

I am posting this in the First Steps thread as a follow up on how I am doing from the prior thread and also to anyone out there that wants to succed, you can, you just have to stay focussed on the end goal, never ever give up, and you will ultimately find your way. For me, I spent a lot of time fighting the wrong battle. I became a consistent winner when I learnt that the battle I needed to win was inside me, and not with the markets. I still have a long way to go and a lot of learning, but feel I have come a long way as well over the last few years and it's nice to look back over your results and finally see a clear up trend in your capital growth.

Results for August 2009:

Monthly Gain: 15.8 %
Gross Profit: $5,533.20

Starting Balance: $35,000.00
Ending Balance: $40,533.20

Profit/Loss by Contract

S&P $3,155.10
Wheat $2,031.30
Crude Oil $1,520.00
Soy Beans $-1,173.20

Total Trades taken = 46 (win rate of 43.5%, risking 1% capital per trade)

* NOTE per attachment: Risk/Reward value doesn’t take into consideration commission costs, they are factored into the Profit/Loss

Also attached Sept 1st's trading results. Very nice start to the month.

Attachments

• 2009_09_01.jpg
    2009_09_01.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 2009_08_results.jpg
    2009_08_results.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 190
FrankP, this is all real trading. I've been real trading for a few years now. The P/L statements are exactly what I make/lose on each trade for the month.