My Trading Career

jamessk

Hi All,

I have recently started paper trading on ETX Capital, they give you an account to practice spreadbetting. I'm using this to help understand the markets more thorough. I work for an asset managers but I am egger to get myself onto a trading floor. I've been researching prop houses such as TCA and Amplify... I've read in a forum that TCA have financial problems so I'm going to give that a miss and check out Amplify but this still seems a bit of a long shot.

Does anyone have any advice they can give me to help further my trading career??
I've been thinking of writing to small broker houses but again this is a bit of a long shot. I know all I can do it try and I will that's for sure but first I wanted to hear anyone elses views...

I already have a good CV with great knowledge of the business but not degree which is a big down fall - due to most employers.

I really appreciate your time and advice...

Cheers!
JK

Went to amplify today. I know nothing about trading so I'm not ready to risk my money into training (especially being a graduate with tons of debt to pay off )just to find out that trading is not for me. If you know what you are doing then you can always give Amplify a call and find out more about them. I spoke to William De Lucy who is one of the founders of amplify. He is a nice guy, explained everything in detail. Give them a call, I think they'll be more than happy to explain how they operate.

Is this thread only for those that joined in Feb, Mar, Apr 2009?