Starting Out

reess

Hello,

I'm an investment professional who has been made redundant and am considering becoming a self employed futures trader. My intention is to trade the FTSE 100 future on an intraday basis using a trend following strategy. I intend to trade up to 10 contracts a time with the aim of making 10 index points per contract daily. I'd be delighted to get opinions on the following:

- Which online trading platform/broker should I use? I require fast DMA with the lowest cost per round trip. I will need real time data and a platform that can display this in candlestick form as well as being able to construct all the popular technical indicators? I want a one-stop shop for all of this. I also want to be able to use the system to 'paper trade' to enable me to practice.

- What costs should I look out for (exchange fees etc)?

- I don't want to shoot the lights out and want to be as low risk as possible with the maximum probablility of achieving my 10 index points daily? Would anyone like to comment on the suitability of my trend following strategy as a means for achieving this or suggest a methodology they feel would better meet my aims?

Thank You

I don't want to shoot the lights out and want to be as low risk as possible with the maximum probablility of achieving my 10 index points daily? Would anyone like to comment on the suitability of my trend following strategy as a means for achieving this or suggest a methodology they feel would better meet my aims?

Thank You

Really? How unusual! I thought everyone wants to trade high risk minimum reward strategies.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/psychology/45686-trading-psychology-2.html

hi,

whats up market? How unusual! I thought everyone wants to trade high risk minimum reward strategies. yes, but I think every person should be some take risk. may be it will help or not but he will learn more there.