Training Help Please

s.parsad

Hi there

I am very new to trading and have been looking at some training of a sort. I have found a company called Pro-Trader (there website is that and a dot co sot uk on the end) what seems interesting here is that he shows proof of real earnings from trading himself on his site with statements etc, i also had a long telephone conversation with him and he seems pretty competent if not convincing. But still, it costs about £1000+vat so i really want to know if anybody has heard or used them before, if so whats the feedback? do you think its a waste of time/money? Could you suggest what else i could try?

Thanks
SP

most of what you need is on this site,very few mentors are worth the money,most spread betting firms or data feed comps give basic free training seminars.Post a link to the site and we can all look. Does he teach you in real time?

p.s not sure why the URL above looks like a hyperlink - once again its www. pro-trader .co.uk

I wouldnt be paying a grand for that,it doesnt look like he trades live,why not ask him to call out 10 trades and see how he gets on this can easily be done in any chat room.He wont do it and his accounts could easily be made up.If you are just starting spend a couple of months reading through this site and attending free seminars or chat rooms.Do this untill you understand what is out there.There are many sharks dressed up as lambs. Some of the most respected names fall into this category.There are some that will be able to help and wont charge that much.Look through the posts on this site in the training section but dont waste money. I like the bit about turning $400 into $200,000,000. Do you believe it,or do you just want to believe it?

Thanks for the advise, and no i dont believe that bit. I am really keen to start learning but there is so much to take in so i started researching training courses. What i found was there are alot of web based training courses which seem to promise the earth but nothing realistic, when i came across pro-trader it seemed a little less false because he had a fixed business address, mobile number etc and the course was 1 to 1 but yeah i still agree - some pretty outrageous claims! Can you recommend any free seminars worth attending? I will also take your advise and ask him to call out 10 trades and see if he will put his money where his mouth is.

No Free Courses

There are I'm afraid no 'Free" courses - those that are promoted as free such as WIN investing are 2 hours of 'free' tips, followed by and hour of hard sell. It goes something like this - at the end of the 2 hours of rubbish, Darren Winters sells the course at £2,750, but as a VERY special and one off, you can buy on the night at a 50% discount as long as your sign up before leaving- this is a once only offer, only available on the night. Strangely I had them call me a few days later offering the deal again!!! Trust me, the course like all the others is a waste of time and money.

The best advice I can give is read as much as possible, and find some good free informational sites which will help you get started - don;t part with a penny, there is no need. A group of free sites I can recommend are run by a lady investor and are easy to read, and provide down to earth sensible advice ( all free) - making bread is the home site with a basic introduction and you can read more of the sites from there covering currency, commodities etc. hope this helps and keep your cash for your trading.

Last edited:
Yes i agree, WIN was one of the ones i came accross and indeed i steered clear! Thanks for the link, this site looks very informative, il be sure to study it over the next few days. What should i focus on initially? Stocks? Commodities? Forex?

There are loads of free courses for newbies,look on the site and you will see.Most are run by the spread betting companies

training courses are a total waste of time. Put the £2k you're gonna spend in a Spread Bet account and start trading. You'll learn more off losing the £2k than any training course is EVER going to teach you.

Alternativley lay out £2k to listen to some spiv dress up a few cliche's and convince you the 250MA is the holy grail, then go and do a further £2k to prove that I'm right in what I say in the above sentence.

It's a simple choice and the course ain't it

Hey - maybe this guy is OK....

No lofty claims on the site - just this:

The specific system and rules taught by a man who turned $400 into $200,000,000 (yes a personal wealth for one man of 200 million dollars from trading) to a group of just 14 students - and is now being used by these students to manage funds in excess of $2,000,000,000 – yes 2 BILLION dollars

Makes you wonder why he needs 1500 quid then, really.....:rolleyes:

training courses are a total waste of time. Put the £2k you're gonna spend in a Spread Bet account and start trading. You'll learn more off losing the £2k than any training course is EVER going to teach you.

Alternativley lay out £2k to listen to some spiv dress up a few cliche's and convince you the 250MA is the holy grail, then go and do a further £2k to prove that I'm right in what I say in the above sentence.

It's a simple choice and the course ain't it

My God, it's the 250MA??? That's were I've been going wrong.:D

I spoke to the guy earlier today from an add in metro and he sent me his accounts.He spoke all the usual stuff and an extra goodie about his automated system.He has an automated system that works but then said some of his students dont make money.Listen guys,im happy to put in a tenner £10, if we all do that, one of us can go on the course and then copy us all the cds.During the last two weeks he made $70,000 so £10 for those cds is good value.I will then have $280,000 by the end of next month.All we need is 125 members to put in £10 each,come on guys this is a steal.Ill even go to his richmond address and sit with him for six hrs to collect them. Is that a cunning plan or what Baldrick

During the last two weeks he made 70 grand and yet he is prepared to take time away from trading to give one to one tuition to those in need for a paltry 1500 quid... The guy obviously has a heart of gold and deserves a medal for his kindness!