Jury Duty

Shlarin

Damn.. I was finally selected

Is there a good chance of not being selected for Jury if you tell the judge you're a day trader?

There's about 30-50 people that go and not all will be selected. I was invited along but I was only just legal to do this at the time. If you really don't want to go it's easy enough just to say you know the person somehow or say your racist, might get a few looks but job done.

Just realised your american, probably same will work though.

There's about 30-50 people that go and not all will be selected. I was invited along but I was only just legal to do this at the time. If you really don't want to go it's easy enough just to say you know the person somehow or say your racist, might get a few looks but job done.

Just realised your american, probably same will work though.

barely legal....my favourite;)

Yes or say you believe that God will show you the truth and you don't want to listen to the evidence because it will cloud the true divine message from God.

Amen, Brother.

Turning up and putting them off is one way to go.

However, you can potentially save yourself even that trip.

Phone up the court and explain you've already got plans for those dates and ask if they can fit you in SOONER. Most people try to put if back, which is when they'll ask for proof of whatever it is you're planning on using as an excuse.

If you ask to serve SOONER they will try to accommodate you without asking for proof of unavailability for initially scheduled dates.

The thing is, as they need to fill these slots up quickly, they'll register your intent and you'll go on the reserve list for an earlier trial which have already pretty much got its set of jurors allocated. Subsequently, there is a very low probability you will be called at all. Worst case is you are, and then it’s plan B – mega-stupid or mega-opinionated racist, sexist, whatever-ist….

Having been on the reserve and not been called means you will not go back into the system until after whatever mandatory cycle exists in your state makes you eligible again.

Damn.. I was finally selected

Is there a good chance of not being selected for Jury if you tell the judge you're a day trader?
If you tell them you have anything at all to do with trading........even worse shorting............you're more lilable to be put into the dock than the jury box :LOL:

Charlton

Jury duty is the biggest waste of time ever.

You set off full of hope and sense of duty that justice will be done...and before the end of it all...you realise that the whole game is rigged...rigged in the sense that you can only follow directives as laid out by the judge...which are wholly inadequate and non relevant to the job in hand...common sense does not apply to the decision making process....and the intelligent members of the jury decide that different games are in order...on our jury I threw in a comment about how we should find not guilty on 1 charge and guilty on a second charge....this way...everybody gets something out of the experience :LOL::LOL:

And thats what we ended up doing

If the rules don't suit you...make up your own !:)

don't forget jury nullification if you don't like the law, it's what you founding fathers would have wanted

Its easy to get out of it.

When you see the first traffic warden. Punch the f*ck out of him.
Get a charge for common assault. Get a fine.

Cant do Jury Service as you got a criminal record and you dealt justice for your
fellow motorists........

Job Done