I'm not a currency trader -- do I belong?

• Thread starter bluewhale
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
B

bluewhale

I only trade stocks, nothing else.
Is T2W for me? It seems to me that the overwhelming majority of posters are interested in currency trading and the like?:?:

Same techniques are used, though. And many users do trade stocks or indices.

If you trade stocks then index futures might be an interesting future step for you.

I only trade stocks, nothing else.
Is T2W for me? It seems to me that the overwhelming majority of posters are interested in currency trading and the like?:?:

Same here. And I do ok thank you very much. I also believe that if you have acquired the basic skills and techniques you can put them to any market albeit more or less successfully. I suspect its a bit like flying a plane or driving a car (on a simpler level): you know how to do it but even if you're an experienced 747 pilot you can't just jump into an A300 without familiarising yourself with the different way its systems work and its different aerodynamic / airframe limits etc.

I do stocks because it's no hassle for me & fits my lifestyle. I'll probably take up forex or indices in the future..... when i get round to it........but i have other interests in life and stocks give me all i need.....why rock the boat?

I often wonder why so many beginners seem to go for currencies - is it suitable? Don't 90% fail (common folklore). Is it the route to fame, everlasting wealth and satisfaction? I'd be interested to hear the experts' opinion on this. Where should a beginner start?

Anyway, you're not alone; stocks is good :)

PS. I started with stocks a long time ago when I hadn't even heard of forex - maybe i was just brought up badly!

Last edited:
Reactions: BSD
thanks

Same here. And I do ok thank you very much. I also believe that if you have acquired the basic skills and techniques you can put them to any market albeit more or less successfully. I suspect its a bit like flying a plane or driving a car (on a simpler level): you know how to do it but even if you're an experienced 747 pilot you can't just jump into an A300 without familiarising yourself with the different way its systems work and its different aerodynamic / airframe limits etc.

I do stocks because it's no hassle for me & fits my lifestyle. I'll probably take up forex or indices in the future..... when i get round to it........but i have other interests in life and stocks give me all i need.....why rock the boat?

I often wonder why so many beginners seem to go for currencies - is it suitable? Don't 90% fail (common folklore). Is it the route to fame, everlasting wealth and satisfaction? I'd be interested to hear the experts' opinion on this. Where should a beginner start?

Anyway, you're not alone; stocks is good :)

PS. I started with stocks a long time ago when I hadn't even heard of forex - maybe i was just brought up badly!

Thanks Triple O -Seven!
My guess is that people think that they can make it big with currency trading, since they "know" currency, but not companies.... Anyhow, I can't trade something I can't follow. Individual stocks that I find by screening do not cause me sleepless nights, and that's pretty important for me at least.

There are a lot of people that trade stocks and if you do a search there are many posts on it.

Paul

I often wonder why so many beginners seem to go for currencies - is it suitable?

Probably because of the same reason most newbies these days trade oil... with all the volatility they just think it's lots of opportunities to make money... reality being the opposite in most cases.