Fibonacci Arcs

as opposed to fans? or simply levels of fib grid? is there a reason for the arc over and above the other ways for fibs? what about spiral? erm, tea leaves?

what's your pov on them?

Arc's

as opposed to fans? or simply levels of fib grid? is there a reason for the arc over and above the other ways for fibs? what about spiral? erm, tea leaves?

what's your pov on them?

There is no view - make money out of them, that's it.

g

It's more like an art, you need to have capability to see it in context.
Only for freestyle traders.

It's more like an art, you need to have capability to see it in context.
Only for freestyle traders.

really......hmmm....you see, an arc is not a free style, in practise, fibs are not a freedom they are a prison of regimen......a free-styler by a definition, is someone who understands flow (and the particpants who cause that flow) and doesnt employ a secdonary tool that is reliant on confirmative reasoning based partly in hindsight measures.......you see fibonaccis do not call for you to think about who or when but what measure which is not a freedom but a linear thought process......a style of regime yes, a freedom.......? the market and price are dynamic which is what makes linear processes fail far more often that succeed......that's far more, not always........but if youve cracked a solid method, then, share, yeah, be good to another perspective......

my initial post was the "just tell us your use, just share with us your idea"....... the is/was the premise of my post and that remains

J

Last edited:
Hey trader G, I haven't used arcs, but I'm sure they're very useful. I have experiemented with them, intraday and longer term, and found them to be reliable guides. I use fibs to find exit and entry points, to keep away from discretionary trading as much as possible. I think that was a great question and hope someone that uses them will answer you soon, I'd like to see the answer as well.

I have an idea that Fibs are the downfall of the world's banking system.

Let's face it, my nutty ideas are as good as anyone elses.

Split

Use any line on any chart. Use arc's, fib's, Gann angles. Andrews pitchfork.
Moving averages of whatever concoction you can come up with.
Tema's, dema's, reversion, forward fibs, square of nine, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc, and so on.

They all work and look very pretty (in hindsight)!!!

Now look at the same chart. Mark off the times when it DOESN'T work!!!

Oh dear! another system out the window.

Price will tell you what price is doing. Why do you need another "INDICATOR" to tell you what price is doing?

Want a simple system for any timescale you want to trade?

Take ANY timeframe. Draw a horizontal line at any point you want. Go long above and short below.
That is the only true basis for a method. Of course it needs tweeking. Use support and resistance of the PRICE itself.

Don't expect it to work perfect first time. YOUR timing may be off!

More people tell us that these work than do those who tell us that they do not. However, I suspect that there are more people who do not find them useful than there are that do.

There is nearly always a condition on which the success of the operation depends. For Fibs, what was the high and the low that was used. "Ah, no, that is not the right criteria, you should have used this other one!"

Anyway, forgive me for not buying these ideas. I'm sure that followers of them would not not buy mine, either, but that's my problem.

Split