Market Delta

crude_lover

i was just wondering does anyone use or have used market delta, if so what are your thoughts on it ?

I have traded in a room where 3 people used it for most of a year.

At the end they didn't bother anymore because of unreliability and because it didn't provide them a useful advantage. One of the people in the room runs a successful fund, another was a failing trader and I'm not sure about the third. I think the people doing best with MD are the people selling it.

Perhaps it will be different for you although I'd be surprised.

to be honest i find market profile is good enough for me but a few people suggested it so thought i would get a tiny bit of advice

I think the problem (other than a lot of frustration with the platform) was that market delta ends up focusing you on very short timeframe potential advantage whereas most of us get our really useful information from a somewhat longer timeframe. Like your profiles.

So its like watching the dom or the tape ... addictive but not very useful if its not providing the information you need to effectively execute your strategies. The hope was there but the results didn't seem to reach that level.

I just was unable to get on with it
and Iput lot of time into it
seems to work well after the fact

I just was unable to get on with it
and Iput lot of time into it
seems to work well after the fact

I found this as well

To be honest i think its a great piece of software, but i think its only good for volume analysis, what happens at the bid/offer seems pretty irrelevant in todays markets imo.

I don't use it anymore, i could not use it to make any money, but i'm sure people can and do

to those of you that used it did you use market profile at all before it and if so do you still use market profile despite not using market delta anymore

to those of you that used it did you use market profile at all before it and if so do you still use market profile despite not using market delta anymore

I looked at it before, and i look at it more so now. I rarely base my trades on it though, just a nice feel for direction ect...

I agree with black-star.

My trades are based on price action around support and resistance but I watch market profile and volume profile (there was no readily available volume when he was creating market profile) to give me a strong read on current and developing trend. Not trigger. Context.

I wrote my own code to produce MD "footprint" type charts. I did not think the footprint style charts are particularly usefull. Which is not to say that the MD itself is useless. In particular, do not fight the delta if looking for reversals and do not fight the trend on a strongly trending day showing consistantly high or low delta.

Here is a link to a post showing interaction of MD with the order book on the DAX.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/us-stocks/10573-evening-trading-us-shares-100.html#post419199

I use MD daily, mostly as a substitute for tape reading on contracts like the ES (where the tape is all over the place). I also find it usable for fine tuning sup/res entries, especially on the Stoxx and the Bund.
I should mention I trade purely on price/vol and buy/sell pressure and don't use any other indicators.

If you're looking for a pure mech system, MD is probably not for you. But for gauging buy/sell pressure and capping it's the best out there. I have tried a couple of MD implementations and I currently find fin-alg's MD on Ninja Trader the best price/performance.

Oh, another thing guys, don't run MD with crappy vol data like IB, you will need to invest in at least IQ-feed to make this truly work.

How long have you been using MD Jerry? And how long before MD were you doing that style of trading? What changed when you used MD?

Note: My friends used Esignal or better data and are discretionary S&R / MP traders.

How long have you been using MD Jerry? And how long before MD were you doing that style of trading? What changed when you used MD?

Note: My friends used Esignal or better data and are discretionary S&R / MP traders.

Been using MD daily for the last 6 months and have the same style ever since I went into full time trading some 3 years ago.

Generally, what has changed is that my entries have become more precise, improving risk/reward ratio. I could probably do without MD on some of the instruments I trade especially on EUREX, but it's just makes things slightly more convenient.

Agree with Jerry. I see MD exactly as he does. And it is helpful in the way he said...

But I dropped MD after I realized that for me it takes too much time to comprehend what does it show at each particular point of tim. For me there are less quantifiable but quicker ways to gauge.

I use it to daytrade ES and won't trade without it or market profile for context. I don't use traditional technical indicators (RSI, MA ect).

I find using cumulative volume breakdown on days like today very helpful. Photo shows a lot of people were stuck on the short side into lunch as prices floated back to the morning high and forced covering. Don't know another product that provides this. Delta momentum and nyse tick combinations also help me with profitable setups.

Attachments

• Cum Delta Oct 12 2011 ES.png
    Cum Delta Oct 12 2011 ES.png
    63 KB · Views: 434
I use Inv RT Pro and Marketdelta for my PROX Bars charting. I am watching the development of the new Marketdelta DOM and set up with OEC brokerage.

I did take a few "buy higher lows" set ups today in ES using Price/Order flow info available in Inv RT Pro/Marketdelta charting;

Images | ChartHub.com