More prop firms offering training!

chizi

Hello All,

I ve looked at different prop firms that offer training but am looking for more input before parting with my money! So far FTC's Global Trading Community seems to be the most well rounded (at least in terms of providing info). I'm looking specifically to train to become a trader independently and willing to pay. Done some reading but I would feel more comfortable talking to somebody who actually does it themselves.If any one knows any other prop firms, than those mentioned on the list here;would be greatly appreciated.

I'd personally be a bit suspicious of an arcade if they started offering trading courses for a fee. If they were successful in training people then their training programs surely ought to fund themselves in the form of profitable backed traders at the end. If they are no longer able to produce a sufficient number of profitable traders then you'd have to ask what value the training is adding?

If I were you I'd go through the list of trading arcades on this site and phone around, If you're looking to trade from an arcade I'm sure there are a few who'd be happy to speak to you without feeling the need to sell you a training course or other BS.

I'd personally be a bit suspicious of an arcade if they started offering trading courses for a fee. If they were successful in training people then their training programs surely ought to fund themselves in the form of profitable backed traders at the end. If they are no longer able to produce a sufficient number of profitable traders then you'd have to ask what value the training is adding?

If I were you I'd go through the list of trading arcades on this site and phone around, If you're looking to trade from an arcade I'm sure there are a few who'd be happy to speak to you without feeling the need to sell you a training course or other BS.

DT are you seriously suggesting that a newcomer start trading at an arcade without training? If arcades offer free training what quality could it be? Personally the idea that if you have the money you can receive fair and honest training is brilliant. The alternative, if you cant get onto a proper unpaid course due to competition is to start without training? An arcade is not neccessarily the best place to obtain training.

If you can afford a training course, speak to alumni of the course and pick the best one, do not attempt it without training.

I did the fct global trading community course and not only did I learn a hell of a lot, It allowed me to get into a proper trader job. If you do the course make sure it is at their london office as you learn a lot from the traders, stuff you cant get in books and on short courses.

DT are you seriously suggesting that a newcomer start trading at an arcade without training?

No - why would you assume that

If arcades offer free training what quality could it be?.

I really don't understand your POV here - if someone is prepared to pay you a salary and back you then I'd have a lot more confidence in that firm than somewhere that has resorted to charging for training. What does that tell you about the sucess rates of traders they've trained?

I really don't understand your POV here - if someone is prepared to pay you a salary and back you then I'd have a lot more confidence in that firm than somewhere that has resorted to charging for training. What does that tell you about the sucess rates of traders they've trained?

Indeed. Brett Steenbarger again:

TraderFeed: Proprietary Trading Firms, Arcades, and Scams

My POV is that there are many more beginner traders than there are salaried and free training jobs. Its a fact that potentially good traders are sometimes not able to shine amongst the competition for places. What are they meant to do?

Its a fact that potentially good traders are sometimes not able to shine amongst the competition for places. What are they meant to do?

Trade.

Trader Dante said it perfectly already here:

"Thought I would just have a quick rant because I see so many posts along the lines of "I really want a job as a trader but I've got no experience..."

Guess what? Traders trade.

Is it really hard to get experience buying and selling when nowadays you can open a trading account in under five minutes?

I don't think it even matters if you lose money, the fact you BOTHERED to do something; to try and actively learn will stand in your favour.

If you want to be hired by firm you need to demonstate INTEREST.

I tell you what it was so disheartening to sit in rooms taking tests with hundreds of graduates who p*ss all over me when it comes to maths ability and then hear them outside in the reception area saying: "God, did anyone know what the price of a barrel of oil is? And what about where the FTSE closed at? I didn't think of checking that in the FT this morning..."

I sat through test papers with a blank look on my face because I'm not that quick - I can't tell you the answer to 1457 X 19 in 8 seconds but I can tell you the closing price of close to 80 markets, what moves them and ways to trade them profitably.

Seriously; I'm gobsmacked: You're interested in the markets but you don't know what the price of oil is? You don't know where the S&P last closed at? Give me a break.

Why do you want a job as a trader? Because it offers the potential to make a huge amount of money and be a big swinging d*ck or because you are genuinely interested in the markets, the way they move and how to use your own skill and judgement to profit from them?

If its the former then you might as well give up now because the odds are stacked against you unless you really want it enough and I believe the desire to make money is not enough. I strongly believe you have to LIVE the market to be a very profitable trader and the only thing that is going to get you through the hard times - the stress, the worry, the fear and all the rest - is the love of it.

I have a feeling thats why the traders I know that are taking home £250,000 a week are still coming in at 7am every morning and leaving at 9pm at night when they could be sitting on a beach sipping Pina Coladas.

Just my 0.2 cents."

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-career-advice/30213-advice-getting-job-trading.html

This business is about making money, nothing else.

The guy / girl who can make the mostest with the smallest drawdown (OK the second part depends on the outfit / clients you're looking to trade funds for) will get an interview where-ever / whenever they want.

FTC's 3 month professional trader program: GlobalTradingCommunity.com

I am planning to take on FTC's Global Trading Community 3 Month Training Program. They charge 5000 pounds. Is it worth it? I am a business Graduate. What is the credibility of this training in the market??? Will I be able to get placed/job in a salaried position post this training???

Please, please suggest. Anyone has done this training, also please reply?

:!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!:

I am planning to take on FTC's Global Trading Community 3 Month Training Program. They charge 5000 pounds. Is it worth it? I am a business Graduate. What is the credibility of this training in the market??? Will I be able to get placed/job in a salaried position post this training???

Really willing some feedback as well..

Hello All,

I ve looked at different prop firms that offer training but am looking for more input before parting with my money! So far FTC's Global Trading Community seems to be the most well rounded (at least in terms of providing info). I'm looking specifically to train to become a trader independently and willing to pay. Done some reading but I would feel more comfortable talking to somebody who actually does it themselves.If any one knows any other prop firms, than those mentioned on the list here;would be greatly appreciated.

Have you guys attended the Golable Trading Community programme yet? Wish you hadn't. As this programme along with those similar ones: amplify trading etc. are really naive and ridiculous.

Trade.

Trader Dante said it perfectly already here:

"Thought I would just have a quick rant because I see so many posts along the lines of "I really want a job as a trader but I've got no experience..."

Guess what? Traders trade.

Is it really hard to get experience buying and selling when nowadays you can open a trading account in under five minutes?

I don't think it even matters if you lose money, the fact you BOTHERED to do something; to try and actively learn will stand in your favour.

If you want to be hired by firm you need to demonstate INTEREST.

I tell you what it was so disheartening to sit in rooms taking tests with hundreds of graduates who p*ss all over me when it comes to maths ability and then hear them outside in the reception area saying: "God, did anyone know what the price of a barrel of oil is? And what about where the FTSE closed at? I didn't think of checking that in the FT this morning..."

I sat through test papers with a blank look on my face because I'm not that quick - I can't tell you the answer to 1457 X 19 in 8 seconds but I can tell you the closing price of close to 80 markets, what moves them and ways to trade them profitably.

Seriously; I'm gobsmacked: You're interested in the markets but you don't know what the price of oil is? You don't know where the S&P last closed at? Give me a break.

Why do you want a job as a trader? Because it offers the potential to make a huge amount of money and be a big swinging d*ck or because you are genuinely interested in the markets, the way they move and how to use your own skill and judgement to profit from them?

If its the former then you might as well give up now because the odds are stacked against you unless you really want it enough and I believe the desire to make money is not enough. I strongly believe you have to LIVE the market to be a very profitable trader and the only thing that is going to get you through the hard times - the stress, the worry, the fear and all the rest - is the love of it.

I have a feeling thats why the traders I know that are taking home £250,000 a week are still coming in at 7am every morning and leaving at 9pm at night when they could be sitting on a beach sipping Pina Coladas.

Just my 0.2 cents."

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-career-advice/30213-advice-getting-job-trading.html

This business is about making money, nothing else.

The guy / girl who can make the mostest with the smallest drawdown (OK the second part depends on the outfit / clients you're looking to trade funds for) will get an interview where-ever / whenever they want.

That's a great post by TD.:)