Low commission, execution only brokers?

BenUz1

Hi Guys and Girls
I'm new on here but have been trading on and off for about a year with Interactive Brokers.
A friend asked me about a low commission (preferably less than $10 a trade) account for trading US shares, and it cant be IB as my friend is only looking to put in around 2-3000 dollers.
Does anyone know of any brokers that fit the bill?
Many thanks
Newbie Ben

Hi Guys and Girls
I'm new on here but have been trading on and off for about a year with Interactive Brokers.
A friend asked me about a low commission (preferably less than $10 a trade) account for trading US shares, and it cant be IB as my friend is only looking to put in around 2-3000 dollers.
Does anyone know of any brokers that fit the bill?
Many thanks
Newbie Ben

Etrade $9.99.

Scottrade

Scottrade - $7 flat; streaming quotes, Dow Jones news, Trailing stops, $500 minimum

edit: scottrade is good only for US...it would be worthwile to know where your friend lives...

Last edited:
Scottrade - $7 flat; streaming quotes, Dow Jones news, Trailing stops, $500 minimum

edit: scottrade is good only for US...it would be worthwile to know where your friend lives...

Scottrade's an online broker.
Other online brokers like ChoiceTrade or Lowtrades take $5 flat.
It's because of the minimum net worth which I don't have that I cannot open accounts at direct-access brokers.
(Call me a beer-budget trader.:eek:)

Any people here who trade with online brokers?