Alternative to stockcharts.com for UK market

gododdin

Hi there - I've signed up with stockcharts.com for their basic paid service and it's really good for preparing portfolio lists and running scans on US shares etc. But as a newbie I've been recommended to trade UK shares which apparently tend to be less volatile than US stocks (especially just now!). Unfortunately stockcharts doesn't cover the UK market so I can't use it.

I've tried bigcharts.com but it just doesn't seem to cut it in terms of functionality and usefulness. Can anyone recommend something similar to stockcharts for UK? I don't mind paying as long as it's not too expensive.

Thanks

I used Sharescope Gold in the past; you can do you own data mining on all UK stocks. You can download a demo from Ionic's website.

Hi Shadowninja - thanks for the tip! Unfortunately I'm running a Mac so Sharescope Gold won't work (unless I upgrade to an Intel Mac and load Windows on it, but then I might as well buy a PC with Windows, and I swore I'd never go there again!) :)

Yes, that's what I mean - in order to do that I'd need to upgrade my current machine to an Intel Mac, and I'm not ready for that yet. I could then use Bootcamp to run a dual boot system. I was hoping you could advise of a web based service like stockcharts but one which covers the UK too.

How do you search through stocks for particular events eg crossovers with ProRealTime? (Didn't think it was possible.)