The Rumpled One (TRO OR Avery Horton)

jayjay121

Established member
Hi noticed this guy Avery horton aka 'the rumpled one' on quite a few forums, usually resulting in himself getting banned from most of them.
Anyway, just wanted to know if this guy is for real or not as the whole thing he is trying to do seems to have a kind of cult feel to it, bit like woodie's.
I've Looked into it alot on one of the forums where he posts most days and there seems to be alot of posters there that back up his indicators and systems and swear by them, these posters seem suspect to me as they have not posted much. Is it me being too paranoid or negitive or do people believe this is all part of his scam.
He has a ebook for sale for $500 and the way it has been laid out to me i feel to buy it just out of curiousity. Has anyone bought this ebook or can anyone back up his claims?

regards,

jason

Hi noticed this guy Avery horton aka 'the rumpled one' on quite a few forums, usually resulting in himself getting banned from most of them.
Anyway, just wanted to know if this guy is for real or not as the whole thing he is trying to do seems to have a kind of cult feel to it, bit like woodie's.
I've Looked into it alot on one of the forums where he posts most days and there seems to be alot of posters there that back up his indicators and systems and swear by them, these posters seem suspect to me as they have not posted much. Is it me being too paranoid or negitive or do people believe this is all part of his scam.
He has a ebook for sale for $500 and the way it has been laid out to me i feel to buy it just out of curiousity. Has anyone bought this ebook or can anyone back up his claims?

regards,

jason

Jason,

I seem to think he has another book on offer, called "one born every minute". You get if half price with the first one.

Save yer money fella.

UTB

Reactions: BSD

regards,

jason

Hi

FWIW - I've been in quite regular contact with TRO for about 20 months or so now. I have found him very useful & helpful, particularly with TS8.1 indicators (which i no longer use). He's a very good coder who has produced hundreds of his own indicators and has shared them for free on tradestationworld (b4 being banned) & kreslik.com inparticular. He's not gained $0.01 from me, but has been a fairly big help.

He can be found at www.kreslik.com.

I haven't actually traded any of his methods, but thats not to say they are not good!

Last edited:
Any reason why you stopped using them ?

Paul

I had to pay for TS8.1 - $99 per month. Metatrader 4 is free & i can have MT4 platforms from several forex brokers installed on my PC. MT4 is widely used (forexfactory, babypips, fisherman etc), light on PC resources, though admittedly not as sophisticated as TS8.2. But for me it is a no contest as MT4 meets my needs :|.

Last edited:
I will say one thing about TRO. He does post a lot of ideas, but can seem reluctant to be specific on key issues sometimes, which can give the impression of evading questions when it might seem easier to be specific, talking in riddles perhaps. Maybe this is because he doesn't want to be exact with his instructions etc. as then he is not liable for blame....I would say that he is one of the good guys though.

regards,

jason

Yes, I am for real...LOL!

I have a FREE Chat | Chat Rooms | Paltalk chatroom called the two percent club. We can chat there. If you have trouble finding it, just pm me, therumpledone, and I will invite you in.

People accuse me of EVADING THE QUESTION. If hundreds of people understand and a few don't, am I to blame? If a few people understand and hundreds of people don't, am I to blame?

You can get my FREE indicators on www.kreslik.com and you can find my stock filters on StockFetcher.com - Stock Screening

Yes, I have been banned from TRADESTATION, eSignal, ForexFactory, MindOverMarkets, and perhaps a couple others...LOL!! I get banned because I usually expose some BS policy and stand up to the FORUM POLICE. Not to mention, vendors don't like people who give away code that works better than the code they are selling.

Yes, I do have 2 eBooks for sale. The marketers handle all that. They "twisted" my arm to get me to write the books. My degree is in computer science and I can code in my sleep. I can usually knock out an indicator in under an hour. But documenting how to use it can take weeks!! So that's one of the reasons for the eBooks.

I hope that answers your questions.

I have a FREE Chat | Chat Rooms | Paltalk chatroom called the two percent club. We can chat there. If you have trouble finding it, just pm me, therumpledone, and I will invite you in.

People accuse me of EVADING THE QUESTION. If hundreds of people understand and a few don't, am I to blame? If a few people understand and hundreds of people don't, am I to blame?

You can get my FREE indicators on www.kreslik.com and you can find my stock filters on StockFetcher.com - Stock Screening

Yes, I have been banned from TRADESTATION, eSignal, ForexFactory, MindOverMarkets, and perhaps a couple others...LOL!! I get banned because I usually expose some BS policy and stand up to the FORUM POLICE. Not to mention, vendors don't like people who give away code that works better than the code they are selling.

Yes, I do have 2 eBooks for sale. The marketers handle all that. They "twisted" my arm to get me to write the books. My degree is in computer science and I can code in my sleep. I can usually knock out an indicator in under an hour. But documenting how to use it can take weeks!! So that's one of the reasons for the eBooks.

Hi TRO

yes i have found you to be patient & helpful. You do explain things, though i understand your reluctance to sometimes explain things time after time, when the info is already there for them already, if the user puts in the search time.
Nice interview on traders radio by the way - it was interesting to put a voice to the online persona!

Cheers.

Anybody know the Rumpledone. He is selling one e-book Breakout Bounce Trading Strategy. I would like to know it is good e-book .If anyone give me valuable opinion i wiil be happy.

ive looked into TRO's buyzone strategy..................kind of back tested the results on some historical data...............anyway it appears to work like he states, obviously you will need to develope some trading rules and the right mindset, but on the surface it seems like a good strategy. Also the gap fill that he trades again seems to be profitable.

Can trading really be this simple??, do we just over complicate it??

jason

It is worth signing up at www.kreslik.com and checking in every so often IMO. Not only is TRO fluent with TS8.2 & esignal, but he now seems to be getting to grips with MT4. And you never know just what indicator he'll come up with! (obviously, some will be more useful than others!)

TTM Indicators

have you coded the TTM indicators for Esignal or Think or Swim?

thanks,
jim

Guys, if you spend $500 on one of those books of TRO's, you deserve what you get...

My first post on Trade2win.

I agree with the poster above.

I don't know this guy (TRO) . . . and have never used his indicators. But I've read his postings on various websites and it seems like a lot of quasi-Zen BS. Lots of "trading is simple" and "do you see?"

But from what I've seen, the so-called "simplicity" eventually degenerates into a mess of muddled thinking, half-baked ideas and more quasi-Zen, "look at the pretty sunset" BS.

He reminds me of Murrey . . . of Murrey Math fame . . . for all I know, he IS Murrey. The two share one thing in common - you can't get a straight answer out of either one.

Good teachers . . . true teachers . . . have a knack for seeing the simplicity in the complex and explaining it in a way that doesn't attempt to diminish the student or confuse him. It's not about:

"If hundreds of people understand and a few don't, am I to blame? If a few people understand and hundreds of people don't, am I to blame?"

This is a man of HUGE ego. The answer to both is YES. If you come on a forum proclaiming yourself as a guru of Simplicity and a guru of Never Losing then the responsibility is yours. Totally yours.

Take this for what it's worth . . . I don't know the guy and never used his methods. But from what I've read, he is no teacher . . . and frankly . . . by proclaiming that "trading is simple" when decades of evidence suggests otherwise . . . lacks fundamental credibility.

I like that he codes for free and posts charts, but I don't like that he sells the breakout bounce strategy. It makes you think that all he has done is a ploy to sell products.

I believe if your goal is to sell, that is fine but you need to communicate that first. If your goal is to help, you can't sell behind the scenes or it will diminish the trust you have with your protoges(however you spell that).

I'm a fan of his work though. Some of the indicators have been helpful and his Rat Reversals are good methods.

Overall, thumbs up to TRO

http://www.answers.com/topic/prot-g

protégé

n.
One whose welfare, training, or career is promoted by an influential person.

[French, from past participle of protéger, to protect, from Old French, from Latin prōtegere.

[Literally: one who is protected].

hmm....the Firefox spell-checker does not offer up the correct spelling if I put it in slightly wrong (presumably because it is the English language version), but if I put it in correctly, it does not flag it up as an error.