Preferred forex chart time-frame

What is your preferred forex chart time-frame?

• M1

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • M5

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • M15

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • M30

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • H1

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • H4

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Daily

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other - please state on the thread

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I did prefer H1 & H4, but now, i am increasingly seeing sufficient good opportunities on M15 & M30 charts, with my latest setup.

What if you prefer multiple time frames as many do such as the three ducks method ?

Paul

What if you prefer multiple time frames as many do such as the three ducks method ?

Paul

that would fit into the
Other - please state on the thread
option.

There are many extra possibilities that could have been used in the poll such as - M2, M3, M4, M6, M10, M12, M20, H2, H3, H6, H8, H12, 10 tick, 20 tick etc.
I just decided to go with the MT4 timeframes in the poll (leaving off weekly & monthly, as i guessed most people use lower TF's to these).

Last edited:
I mean just make the options all checkboxes so people can specify multiple choices. I don't know if this system allows that for polls, though.

I mean just make the options all checkboxes so people can specify multiple choices. I don't know if this system allows that for polls, though.

People might then select them all. To avoid this you could have say - 2 choices max. But then - you could ask - well of those 2, which do you like best?
So maybe, if 1 isn't enough, "other" and stating the time-frame in the thread might be the best option.

The poll & the following discussion should kind of be of equal value anyway.
The only problem is if for some reason, certain people would prefer to keep their preferred timeframe a secret, though i don't see why they would.

Signals 30m. *Confirm 15m and 1 hr. Finetune entry on 5m!

*Essentially to confirm that there are no conflicting signals on the next higher and lower timeframe.

I base most of my decisions off the daily chart, however I always look at the 4 hr and 10 min charts to see if I can time my entry better. The same with exits. The decision comes from looking at the 1 day/4 hour charts but I'll look at the 10 min chart and if the short term price movement is favourable I'll hold onto the trade for a little longer.