@ & " keys

JTrader

Hi

my number 2/" key is now performing the 2/@ functions.

My @/' key is now performing the "/' function.

This is really annoying :rolleyes: :eek: .

How can i reset them so that they perform their intended functions of 2/" & @/' :?:

Many thanks.

I think it's your keyboard setting that needs to be changed.

If so go to the "start" menu, to "control panel", and then select "Regional and Language" option.

In the window that opens up select the second tab "Languages" and then select 'Details'. This takes you to the keyboard settings and you should be able to select English (United Kingdom). This should be in bold and then press ok.

Hope this helps.

Hi

my number 2/" key is now performing the 2/@ functions.

My @/' key is now performing the "/' function.

This is really annoying :rolleyes: :eek: .

How can i reset them so that they perform their intended functions of 2/" & @/' :?:

Many thanks.

<edit>Damn beaten to it!</>

start->control panel
choose regional and language options
on the languages tab select details button
change your input language to english/united kingdom.

Hi JT

Sounds to me like your keyboard settings may have gone on a bit of a US holiday trip:LOL:

You need to reset to GB keyboard by going to control panel (in classic view), selecting Regional and language options and setting regional options to English (United Kingdom) that hopefully should bring things up ok.

Apparently in XP, software can change the keyboard layout to suit itself, problems may arise when said software is shutdown without changing back the layout.

:LOL: suddenly a rush of answers I see :LOL:

Lightning

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

I've just re-installed XP and created some new partitions.
I have deleted the English(US) keyboard option. It now works.

Damn beaten to it!

:LOL: At least you were only 2 mins behind jillyB unlike me trailing in last place...too busy stuffing my face...well that's my excuse anyway:cheesy:

Poor JT, like waiting for a bus, wait ages and then they all turn up at once :LOL: