Anyone making money consistently and never blocked out by bookmakers?

ladbrokes

I've one of the unfortunate punters whom was blocked out due to consistently making money from a bookmaker. Just wondering, anyone of you had the same encounter as I have?

I need to find a good bookmaker that treats fairly to punters.

Give Capital Spreads a try - good company, and you can even talk to their MD who posts on the Capital Spreads thread here on T2W.

its the same with every type of bookmaker - not just financials. if you win, you get shut down - that is why bet brokers spring up all the time.

you have to live with it i guess.

I need to find a good bookmaker that treats fairly to punters.

Why not use Betfair as you will never be banned for being profitable and the prices are generally better.

Paul

Ladbrokes ,,, i am wondering if we always take odds like 1.05 - 1.1 and we always make profit do they shut us down ?!! i think no .

Was it ever thus...

I think it's the nature of the beast. I've been shut by Ladbrokes, been unable to get out of positions on Betfair and even got rejected 12 times in a row on binarybet the other day! (Check your logs, you know you did it...)

I'm with www.choiceodds.com at the moment. Who knows, maybe it'll be the same here, but it hasn't happened yet.

What us punters need is competition. Use it or lose it, I say. And if anyone is thinking of opening a new financial bookmakers please do it, and do it soon!

Anyway, haven't you people got homes to go to?

EBS

been unable to get out of positions on Betfair

Until there is at least 1 major MM present on Betfair it's advisable to keep one other bookmaker window open in case for some reason you can't get filled on Betfair. The spreads are pretty tight on the FTSE and DJIA hourly/midday/daily markets at the moment so for those markets Betfair is the place to be :)

The trouble is liquidty is terrible on Betfair. I used to lurk over on the financials but there is just not enough money on the financial markets.

That fact aside binaries are actually not that difficult to price so I made a market on Betfair for some time. What I noticed was that somebody with a much faster feed kept picking me off, so I stopped. Anybody attempting to do the same thing will encounter the same problem IMHO. Much better markets to trade on Betfair.

Surely the solution is to get access to as fast a feed as possible? I'm guessing you were using a futures feed when you tried to MM?

Also, the liquidity on Betfair isn't as good as it used to be, but it's certainly not terrible, especially on the hourly/midday/daily FTSE markets. The spread on the hourly FTSE intras in particular is often better than you will find at any of the bookmakers.

I moved up the scale till I had the fastest feed possible without signing an exchange agreement but it was still not good enough. So somebody on those markets was obviously using something very close to the market. That fact aside the liquitity has never really got going, perhaps linked to this issue?

When I traded the intra days there used to be £1-200k an hour, browsing the markets today there doesn't seem much around at all. I guess it's ok if that is your speciality but I can't find an edge there.

When you look at the traditional sports markets on Betfair there are significantly higher volumes and having been on Betfair almost since day one this is where I settled and have been most succesfull.

I think its a shame there is not more activity there. I have spoken to Betfair about how I think they could improve it but we will have to wait and see.

Well the 11am-Midday FTSE intra today had around 70k matched, so it's not that far off the amounts which were traded a couple of years ago. A few people have suggested introducing a time delay but I think that would be a very bad idea and could kill the markets off completely (especially as there is no "in-play" delay when trading live futures markets, so why should there be a delay on Betfair?).

You are absolutely right about the presence of people/bots on Betfair with extremely fast feeds - however, those bots operate on pretty wide spreads, so my aim is to find the fastest feeds possible and MM comfortably inside the spread of those bots, therefore rendering them out of action :)

Jules looks like youve got plenty of customers waiting if it can be done. We all seem confident we can make money if betfair worked properley as an exchange. Where do the losers come from!Hope it comes of