good broker for TA?

Mets

I was just wondering if anybody had an opinion as to which online broker is the best for technical investing. I know a lot of people don't even use the tools their brokers give them, largely because they either prefer their own methods or the tools their brokers' provide aren't that good. I use TDA and I'd say that they are ok, but there are much better charting software packages out there than what they provide, so I just use them for transactions.

Wow thanks, yes I use TD Ameritrade. I didn't know about that, I think they just added it. I'll have to check it out. Thanks Bez.

Yes they bought Jerry's software a good few months ago....:)

Hope its of use...

Cheers Bez

sweet, this place has so many resources it's ridiculous. I found voodootrader on this site, and I use it 10 times a day. That guy is amazing.

Anyway I didn't see it because if you log in to your TDA account, they don't show you any of the partner tools. In fact, it looks like there's a whole host of tools that you can't see when your logged in. Kind of suspicious. Thanks though Bez, I just downloaded it and I'll have to check it out. Now to see if I can get it to run under linux...:)

sweet, this place has so many resources it's ridiculous. I found voodootrader on this site, and I use it 10 times a day. That guy is amazing.

I don't disagree with you that voodootrader is a decent resource for TA but be weary of the "Swing Signals" indicator because they update after the fact that the swing took place, for a section of dates that is in a downtrend one day will be an uptrend on a later date, a significant lag in some cases.

Also I was wondering what has happened to VoodooTrader - magic in the markets? Is the site down permanently?

I was just wondering if anybody had an opinion as to which online broker is the best for technical investing. I know a lot of people don't even use the tools their brokers give them, largely because they either prefer their own methods or the tools their brokers' provide aren't that good. I use TDA and I'd say that they are ok, but there are much better charting software packages out there than what they provide, so I just use them for transactions.

Depends if its intraday or not.

If you trade for small profits and frequently, its all about spread and execution cost.

Before you chose broker, make a calculation of the cost of spread and the execution cost pr. year for each broker you have in mind.

Look at the spreads on these two brokers. How will the difference between the two brokers affect your cost of spread and execution on a yearly basis ?

spread-IB.jpg

spread-interbank.jpg

TD Ameritrade advanced analyzer

Anyone using TD Ameritrade advanced analyzer? I just downloaded and looks interesting.