Hedge fund on Ebay - yours for $70k !

Maybe not quite so daft a price as it sounds, seeing as the cheapest Cayman hedge fund start up will cost around £25k, often far far more. Then there's just the little problem of FSA regulatory compliance, and, oh yes, finding "sophisticated" investors & raising an absolute minimum of £1m to make it all worthwhile ! Funny how they didn't mention that bit in the ad.................... :cheesy:

rog1111

Hi Roger,

It wasn't so much the price as the fact that it was on Ebay that tickled me!

I guess Roger would be happy to charter one of his yachts for the board meetings? :)

Cheers

Mayfly

Since fund board meetings are supposed to be offshore, then somewhere in the Caribbean perhaps ?! A nice little 90 footer should suffice !!:D

Mayfly said:
I guess Roger would be happy to charter one of his yachts for the board meetings? :)

Cheers

Mayfly

working on an offshore admin overhead of $40k per annum, this will remove ca 2% from the NAV on £1m, so not ideal and not really acceptable to the investors, but as long as the AUM can be increased reasonably quickly to say £3m min then this should be OK. Difficult business though, fund raising.....

TWI said:
Better make that 50m

35K too expensive, ogiers can set you up for £23. Is their not a cheap lawyer. than this I'v saw ads for $15k but not sure if their particularly decent.

Also with a $1mil min investment that's only two customers. It must be pretty easy to find 100 people willing to invest £500k a pop surely.

2/20 and say a 20% return gives you $6mil a year in income. Not bad. My private jet awaits.

Last edited: