Graduate program for trader in an investment bank

Magos

Established member
Can anyone structure down the graduate program for a trader in an investment bank. (UBS, Lehman, Goldman Sachs, etc.)

Also can you please include all the exams needed examples like SII certificate, SII Diplona, series 3, etc.

Atleast for the first three years.

I currently work at UBS over on Park Ave in Manhattan. All that was required was the series 7 for me. I guess it is experience and knowledge....then they worry about the tests.

Magos said:
Can anyone structure down the graduate program for a trader in an investment bank. (UBS, Lehman, Goldman Sachs, etc.)

Also can you please include all the exams needed examples like SII certificate, SII Diplona, series 3, etc.

re

Magos said:

You should check the regulators's websites for the regulatory requirements. Other than that each bank is different.

mynameisneo said:
You should check the regulators's websites for the regulatory requirements. Other than that each bank is different.

ok so to help you out even more:

It depends on which area of the bank you want to work, for each requirement that is.

for ex. UBS has the bank side, the the wealth management side. Obviously you need a series 7 if you are going to control a portfolio, or do some sort of trading. But if you are just doing due diligence or checking for wire fraud or selling their products, etc, you don't need a series 7. Series 3 I believe is more for commodities no?