Trading full-time....

adam191

Good afternoon guys & gals....

I've managed to raise a good amount of capital and am intending to give full-time trading a go. I've paper traded Index/Equity derivatives for a couple of years now and seen good enough results to warrant me considering it a viable career. I'm just wondering what the best way to go about this is? Do i set up my own business, and should its activities just be listed as "trading", or do i just declare my (fingers crossed) gains at the end of the year and pay tax accordingly? I'm based in the Midlands, in the UK at present, and any advice owuld be really useful.....!

Thanks in advance, i hope....

Adam

My apologies guys, i've pulled my finger out and found extensive threads that cover this subject.....

Adam

Hi Adam,

Best of luck with your break into full-time trading.

Be sure to post and let us know how you're getting on. It's always good to hear about success stories !

Thanks

Damian

adam191 said:
My apologies guys, i've pulled my finger out and found extensive threads that cover this subject.....

Adam

Very quick learner.

Welcome to the party and good luck.

Ow am ya cocka, I'm originally from Dudley (Ok chaps no p!ss taking please).

My limited advice would be to read read and then read some more and make sure you know how to preserve that capital well! The learning curve never stops. Just keep coming in here now and then for the support that some of the excellent minds on here can/ may give.

Tarar a bit, all the best

Cheers our kid!! Lol...

Unfortunately i'm not originally from Dudley, what a culture shock that was...!! ;)

Thanks for your kind words fella's, i'll definitely be sticking around the boards and hope i can contribute in some way. Will keep you posted on my succeses & failures, and i for one intend to tread very carefully in this market...

Cheers!

Adam