How are IG Index these days?

Saycheese

Are they still putting big betters on dealer referral and generally messing about with successful clients? (allegedly).

Just like to know as I'm about to begin spreadbetting again and wondered if any of the members here had any recent experience with the company. They do seem to be the best bet (no pun intended) at the moment, but they have had negative reviews on here in the past.

Thanks.

No broker is perfect but so many of the reviews you read about brokers moving prices against you are nonsense. Ive worked on professional trading floors dealing directly on the exchange and people still moan that the price somehow knows your position and moves it against you. I can assure you no spreadbetting company is doing this. They don't have the resources to move the underlying market to rip off a few £2 a point traders. Also, if the IG price strayed too far from the underlying you could just arb it so all those negative reviews are just disgruntled newbie traders.

As for any other negative reviews about slow payments etc then ive never experienced but could be true.

Comments about being referred to a dealer. I nearly always use limit orders ahead of time anyway to if it trades my price im in regardless of any dealer intervention. They may do for at market orders of a large size.

IG is not as good as trading the real market, but if your bank balance doesn't allow direct market access theyre the best out there I think.

I think Lee Shepard who trades full-time uses them

No broker is perfect but so many of the reviews you read about brokers moving prices against you are nonsense. Ive worked on professional trading floors dealing directly on the exchange and people still moan that the price somehow knows your position and moves it against you. I can assure you no spreadbetting company is doing this. They don't have the resources to move the underlying market to rip off a few £2 a point traders. Also, if the IG price strayed too far from the underlying you could just arb it so all those negative reviews are just disgruntled newbie traders.

As for any other negative reviews about slow payments etc then ive never experienced but could be true.

Comments about being referred to a dealer. I nearly always use limit orders ahead of time anyway to if it trades my price im in regardless of any dealer intervention. They may do for at market orders of a large size.

IG is not as good as trading the real market, but if your bank balance doesn't allow direct market access theyre the best out there I think.
good reply mate and i tend to agree with ya.u been trading long and hows it going

good reply mate and i tend to agree with ya.u been trading long and hows it going

Cheers. I've been trading 12 years. 10 of those full time as a prop trader, but the glory days definitely behind us. Probably had 20 mates full time traders, I think about 4 of them are still doing it. So now moved out the time frames and tend to run more medium term positions which is a different kettle of fish. Less easy money edges and equity curve less smooth but takes you out of the high cost/ highly computerised world of day trading which was just too hard to compete with.

Was paying about £5k a month in desk fees plus giving the firm 30% of my profits on a revenue of £10-15k a month. Just wasn't worth it in the end.

Are they still putting big betters on dealer referral and generally messing about with successful clients? (allegedly).

Just like to know as I'm about to begin spreadbetting again and wondered if any of the members here had any recent experience with the company. They do seem to be the best bet (no pun intended) at the moment, but they have had negative reviews on here in the past.

Thanks.

Uhh you do realize you just fell for IG market's employer's trap right? You don't think they come on here to hunt for their prey? Be careful dude.

Last edited: