Today's ECB Rate Release Time

Jason101

Experienced member
Hi, I was left a bit confused today as to the time of the ECB Rate Release and press conference. Most of the financial press were saying the announcement was set for 1:30pm GMT.
I didn't listen live but looked at the charts for 1:30 and nothing happening.
A look back showed a big movement at 12:45.
And later in the day I found some of the press referring to the release at 12:45pm.
Can anyone shed any light on this and perhaps suggest were I can the up to date and correct time for the release in the future.
Thanks

Rate data release at 12.45 followed by ECB statement at 13:30

Hi, this is what I was wondering, my source is not very good.
I swap and change a bit, yesterday I used Forex Factory. Which before the event said 1:30 and reporting after the event it said 12:45!

I don't think the FF Calendar is that good and I need to swap to a more serious one.
Any recommendations?

its there on forex factory which is the same source I use and never have issues with it.

12:45pm EUR Minimum Bid Rate
1:30pm EUR ECB Press Conference

you might need to change your timezone on forexfactory. When you are in the calendar click on the time at the top of the calendar and set your timezone

This is what I am talking about - an email sent to my from IG-

"The European Central Bank is due to announce its interest rate decision at 1.30pm tomorrow, followed by its latest monetary policy statement and a press conference.

Join our analysts on IG Live tomorrow at 1.25pm, for real-time trading analysis and commentary around the announcement. They’ll discuss the results, as well as the effects they have on the markets."

Before the event FF had it down as 1:30 too.

It's just unprofessional and sloppy.

This is what I am talking about - an email sent to my from IG-

"The European Central Bank is due to announce its interest rate decision at 1.30pm tomorrow, followed by its latest monetary policy statement and a press conference.

Join our analysts on IG Live tomorrow at 1.25pm, for real-time trading analysis and commentary around the announcement. They’ll discuss the results, as well as the effects they have on the markets."

Before the event FF had it down as 1:30 too.

It's just unprofessional and sloppy.

It's the same schedule every month. Fx factory wasn't wrong and you can prove that by looking at previous releases. IG are clearly incorrect in their interest rate decision time.