Anybody trading from Marbella, Spain ?

novakpete2

Hello,
I plan to move for winter to Marbella, Spain and trade from this location . I trade for living US Stocks, swing trading.
I want to rent apartment there with Internet and trade. Does somebody have experience with such issues (renting apartment , Internet access etc etc.)

Are there some traders already in Marbella area? What is your experience with trading and living in this area.

Thank you in advance for your replies,

Pete

Hi Pete

Did you have any joy with moving out to spain ? I'm considering doing the same and have thought of applying to the different arcades on Gib so to mix with traders and have all the resources there and get to know local people through working with them. My only reservations are the charges for dealing desks etc that I have not fully explored yet. Would be interested to learn how you went on ?

I'm basically looking for the sun & sea and to be able to trade and surround myself with traders if possible, does any body have any advice on the prefferable arcades to be applying to ? So far I've discovered FCT, Kayseri, Saxon, Marex & Geneva International all with offices on gibraltar!

Thanks Paul

i wondered if you can become a permanent resident easily? or what is the visa requirement to long term staying in their country?

jong52yuara said:
i wondered if you can become a permanent resident easily? or what is the visa requirement to long term staying in their country?
If you are British there should be no problem, as Great Britain is part of the European Community, but for overseas people, ie. outside the Community, you should contact the Spanish Consulate and/or the Spanish Embassy in your country.

Eduardo.

already in Marbella

oco said:
Hi Pete

Did you have any joy with moving out to spain ? I'm considering doing the same and have thought of applying to the different arcades on Gib so to mix with traders and have all the resources there and get to know local people through working with them. My only reservations are the charges for dealing desks etc that I have not fully explored yet. Would be interested to learn how you went on ?

I'm basically looking for the sun & sea and to be able to trade and surround myself with traders if possible, does any body have any advice on the prefferable arcades to be applying to ? So far I've discovered FCT, Kayseri, Saxon, Marex & Geneva International all with offices on gibraltar!

Thanks Paul

Hello, I moved already 2 month ago, but will stay only till end of March as I do not want to be here during high peak tourist season (very hot weather here). I wanted to be here during winter only. I trade from rented apartment wher internet is available. No problem to be here as long as you want only if you plan long term stay (1 year and more) you need discover little bit more issues then I for 4 month stay.

Jong52..i think as zeppo pointed out, if as I am you are British you could stay there indefinately, arriving from outside the EU i expect you would need a visa but would then be able to travel and live throughout EU as very little border controls. I believe there are some restrictions on travel from the latest east eurpean countries to join also.

novakpete2...how much if you don't mind me asking was the rented apartment per month ? have they indicated how much it would go upto in the tourist season?
was the internet connection upto scratch?

oco said:
Jong52..i think as zeppo pointed out, if as I am you are British you could stay there indefinately, arriving from outside the EU i expect you would need a visa but would then be able to travel and live throughout EU as very little border controls. I believe there are some restrictions on travel from the latest east eurpean countries to join also.

novakpete2...how much if you don't mind me asking was the rented apartment per month ? have they indicated how much it would go upto in the tourist season?
was the internet connection upto scratch?

Internet - there is not common to have Internet in apartments (no landline at all). So if you are for short term (only a few months) the best is probably use UMTS HSPDA wireless Internet from Vodafone here.
If you find apartment with landline you can ask for installation of ADSL , but they have only 12 month contracts. See example on www.telefonicainenglish.com

Apartment - based on type and location, but 2 bed 2 bath apt. for longer term rent can be 1000-1500 Eur per month including utilities. For longer term rent (3 month and more) it does not depend on season too much. But you will find huge offer as there is a lot of apartments for rent offered - see example www.panorama.es .

Just started with FCT in Gib, internet connections perfectly good at home but if your a serious commodities trader you want to trade from offices unless you have serious cash to spend on technology.
I live in La linea which is just on the border with Gibraltar and you can get a rather decent 3 bed flat for a 1000 euros a month but you can also live in Gib if you want but you get less for your money. You can get a standard flat for about 6-700 euros a month. summer will not see the rent rise in this part of Spain either.
If your living alone or as a couple then get a studio as these are very spaciuos and very well priced.

Hope that answers some quierys, stay well clear of Marbella, any questions i am happy to answer,

peace,
Charles

Hi Charlie -- I know that area fairly well as my brother in law lives in La Linea ( you may have seen his van bombing about everywhere ( A&E Satellites ) for his satellite installation business.

What sort of experience do you have to have to get a job with FCT and have you found terms and conditions ok with them ? I am thinking of moving out there for a while , maybe permenantly.

Thanks ...........

Are there any traders / trading rooms in Marbella/Banus ?
I would prefer that to Gib/Sotogrande, SO long as lines are stable and fast and I have people to share office with
Thanks
Andy

Spainguy - Tom Hougaard is based in Benalmadena I understand
http://www.tradertom.com/index.htm

I know the marbella well but not been there for a while, hoping to get back there sometime.

Please post here if you find or set up a trading room down there

I have been in Marbella since early Jan, do some travelling also but have booked apartment here until July, nice place to relax and trade from.

Kwickwool, can you tell me what you do about internet connection there for a stay of less than 12 months?
By the way my profile says Perth Oz but now in UK and looking into spending some time in Spain

Thanks

Have it all included in the rent mate but also have a toggle when it drops in the evening, not sure about setting up a connection sorry

Yes thats one way I am thinking of going, getting a place thats already connected and pay for it in the rent or as an extra to rent.

Does the connection drop in the evening regularly??

Hi there, will be in Marbella later this month (for parties and windsurfing in Tarifa but open to talking abt markets lol), would be interested in meeting people trading from there to know a bit about lifestyle (esp in winter etc)..

Rgds.