Starting your Own Prop-Firm

geote88

Helo

I've been trading for the last seven years now both part time and 100%. I've always traded from home with my own money. I've come to a point where due to all my investments (crashes, spent time, learning etc) where I've realised that it takes an organised approach in order to go professional. I don't have to tell you about it, as I'm sure most of you already know.

Now to my problem, or rather solution. I live in Sweden where this prop-firm concept does not exists. That puts me in a rather delicate position because I'm married with two kids. What I'm trying to say is that for a poor trader the only solution is coming to England and go with a prop firm, but because of my delicate situation this would be rather difficult for me.
That's why I'm thinking about starting a prop firm here in Sweden. Of course I would have to find investors etc.

Anyway my question to you is what does it take to start your own prop firm. Could anyone kind soul out there tell me about the structure of a prop firm. How does it work?

geote88 said:
Noooboooodyyyyyy?!?!?!?!?!
I am sure I have seen a thread on this subject. Whether it was on this site or some other I don't remember. I will look around some and if I find where it was I will send you a pm.

i thought noone gets married in sweeden?

geote88 said:
Helo

I've been trading for the last seven years now both part time and 100%. I've always traded from home with my own money. I've come to a point where due to all my investments (crashes, spent time, learning etc) where I've realised that it takes an organised approach in order to go professional. I don't have to tell you about it, as I'm sure most of you already know.

Now to my problem, or rather solution. I live in Sweden where this prop-firm concept does not exists. That puts me in a rather delicate position because I'm married with two kids. What I'm trying to say is that for a poor trader the only solution is coming to England and go with a prop firm, but because of my delicate situation this would be rather difficult for me.
That's why I'm thinking about starting a prop firm here in Sweden. Of course I would have to find investors etc.

Anyway my question to you is what does it take to start your own prop firm. Could anyone kind soul out there tell me about the structure of a prop firm. How does it work?

I ve no idea what u r talking about.

u r maried, u cant trade at profit, ....
take your shoes and run.

At the risk of sounding simplistic:

Big pot of cash +
Proprietary risk & speculative positions based on a trading model of your choice +
Risk Management

Are you asking how to get the big pot of cash? That's up to you - but clearly investors will want returns and security demonstrated by appropriate risk management/diversification etc (the key to all this).... and compliance with regulations and industry practice etc.

I'm not sure that your motives are 100% - if you're unable to operate as a trader in the way you want from Sweden, then why will it be any better or easier to start your own prop firm?

if u cant succeed on your own terms u wont succeed for others

this thread is a waste of time and full of garbage