Lost demo account password

kwonkicker

Hello folks. I desperately need your help.

I`ve been trading this demo account for almost a year now. It is doing good, and considering the amount of work ive put into it, id like to keep it.

But something i did on my machine messed up my terminal. Now everything is reset - all indicators, templates. Good news my accounts are there. I can sign in, But i dont know the password. Its all stars. The "mail" tab also cleared so no luck there. I also contacted my broker but they say because i registered that demo throught deskto terminal they have no access to password and they cant even reset it. Please help. Thanks.

Ok, try this...

click settings..
scroll down to bottom and click " show advanced settings "
scroll down and under "passwords and forms" header, click on manage passwords.
if you then find your S/B url in the list click on it..It will bring up a option to "show password"

it may be possible that you have saved the wrong password..

Ok, try this...

click settings..
if you then find your S/B url in the list click on it..It will bring up a option to "show password"

Oh man i think i forgot to mention in 1st post that i was talking about metatrader. i lost my metatrader password. It is a demo, so broker dont care. Also i can still sign in. i just dont know the password.

if you follow the above steps then there is a option to " show password "

What im trying to say is...when you go into metatrader and log in, if your browser automatically inserts your password then it is obviously saved in your browser password store...when you access this you can see the password by clicking on it and selecting " show "

Last edited:
if mikes advice doesn't yield results and you haven't messed things up too bad yet, then it may be possible to recover indicators, templates, experts etc, and transfer them to a new demo account... and then not lose the password like a fool :p

what windows you running? if you have say vista it's a doddle to go find your mt4 folders and rescue the files, I know not how easy it is on windows 7?

windows 8 is a bit of a faf but navigation goes something like -

C:\Users\"you"\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal

if you get to the terminal folder, click on each folder in there and see what you have left to save, once you have a new account set up just drop the saved files into your new mt4, example template files go into the new account templates folder.

Ok, try this...

click settings..

couldnt figure out what you mean by "S/B url" but couldnt find anything resembling that either

if mikes advice doesn't yield results and you haven't messed things up too bad yet, then it may be possible to recover indicators, templates, experts etc, and transfer them to a new demo account... and then not lose the password like a fool :p

what windows you running? if you have say vista it's a doddle to go find your mt4 folders and rescue the files, I know not how easy it is on windows 7?

windows 8 is a bit of a faf but navigation goes something like -

C:\Users\"you"\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal

if you get to the terminal folder, click on each folder in there and see what you have left to save, once you have a new account set up just drop the saved files into your new mt4, example template files go into the new account templates folder.

appreciate the effort. but like it says in the title the only thing i lost is my account password which embodies over a year long hard work and while not real - it has some badass swing trades open where prices has not returned in months. and it is older than my real account where i am far from repeating similar success. It was an oversight that i did not change the master password while i had the chance.

Ok, one more go...follow the steps that i listed above until you get to the screenshot below. scroll down until you see metatrader, then click on it, then click on "show"...This will show your password !!

P.S. Thats a generic screenshot, dont click on the cross that the arrow points to, that will delete your password, ( the arrow was already on )

Attachments

• snipping Capture.JPG
    snipping Capture.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
Ok, one more go...follow the steps that i listed above until you get to the screenshot below. scroll down until you see metatrader, then click on it, then click on "show"...This will show your password !!

P.S. Thats a generic screenshot, dont click on the cross that the arrow points to, that will delete your password, ( the arrow was already on )

ok i still dont get why a metatrader password would be sawed in my browser. i checked all of them, nothing mt4 related im afraid. thanks anyhow.