Are they worth it?

a.daley

Hi folks,

As you have probably gathered, I don't tend to post threads on this forum very often, but I have a question for which I could do with a number of opinions to see if they "really are worth it?"

What I am referring to are the London Academy of Trading, Amplify Trading, and now, Audacity Capital and their Hidden Talents Program, and the courses that they offer for a future career in trading.

For somebody who is looking to get in to trading as a full time career, whether it be with a trading house or trading at home with my own assets, would it be best to pay money and go on to one of these courses?, or would it be best to just learn from books and the internet, and trade with my own live account (which is what I am doing at the moment)?

If there are those out there that do think it is worth going on one of these training programs, which ones would you recommend and why?

I would love to hear peoples opinions on this and their recommendations for a future career in trading.

Happy trading.

a.daley :D

They are scams. Every thing you need to learn about the financial markets is free on the internet.

Hi folks,

As you have probably gathered, I don't tend to post threads on this forum very often, but I have a question for which I could do with a number of opinions to see if they "really are worth it?"

What I am referring to are the London Academy of Trading, Amplify Trading, and now, Audacity Capital and their Hidden Talents Program, and the courses that they offer for a future career in trading.

For somebody who is looking to get in to trading as a full time career, whether it be with a trading house or trading at home with my own assets, would it be best to pay money and go on to one of these courses?, or would it be best to just learn from books and the internet, and trade with my own live account (which is what I am doing at the moment)?

If there are those out there that do think it is worth going on one of these training programs, which ones would you recommend and why?

I would love to hear peoples opinions on this and their recommendations for a future career in trading.

Happy trading.

a.daley :D

i would advise you to keep doing what you are doing.
keep learning from books and the internet.infact save your 15k odd these scammers charge and do nothing but paper trade for a year or two or even three developing a strategy and the mindset.and then commit some money to a live account.
but.......no doubt you will be in a rush to make your fortune and after set back after set back you will think,hang on a minute if these people are charging 15k,they must be teaching something worthwhile so i'll take a shortcut and pay them,perhaps they do have that elusive holy grail that could be the answer to my prayers.and after you have signed up you will probably see that what they have charged you for is freely available on the net,they have just packaged it and are good marketers and you are still no better a trader,infact you may even be better than them.
so sign up by all means should you so wish but be prepared to right off the outlay.
sometimes it takes a good kicking to wake you up.
my one trading advice would be to know where your stop is and if it gets there will you accept it?(i write this more as a reminder to myself,to try and get it into my subconciouse)
and thats not how you spell subconscious.this time it hasnt come up underlined so thats how you spell it.saves me having to look it up.
happy trading!

I wish the AI guys would get on with it and produce a slave to be uploaded onto one's computer. So overnight I would command her to find out if the S&P 500 is up or down tomorrow.

Nothing these guys say they know is more than you'll manage to gather on your own. It's even better to go through the initial steps by yourself as everyone is different and need to form their own trading strategy, regardless if they plan to have a career as a trade or trade full-time from home.

Don't trust people that sell you the idea on how to trade. It's an open world now, plenty of resources online for free.

correct

100% correct.
Save your money and search the internet - its all there free including dare I say it almost all books on trading in pdf format!

Good luck

They are scams. Every thing you need to learn about the financial markets is free on the internet.

I had this quandary myself recently, as I was thinking of going along to the 'Freedom Through Forex' event, but then I thought, I have the internet! I literally have access to the entirety of human knowledge through a search box. What are they going to teach me that I can't learn online? So rather than go and have people try to market at me I decided to do some self-education, and that's how I found this forum, among other things. It doesn't take long before all their advertising starts to seem silly to you as you learn more yourself.

There are so many open sources for all possibly needful information.
I'm wondering if someone still wanna pay for thing that are available for free. Just a little searching and sorting is required.