Order Based Trading System

hot_property

Hi Guys, is there anyone on here that has a trading system whereby you place orders to BUY/SELL with the relative stops and Limits then goto work and view the results end of the day.

Any tips on open price trading strategies with orders?

I trade DAX. I am collecting data to enter the trade if the price is higher/lower than yesterdays close....interesting system....

Anyone got any thoughts to share?

No p/takers please.....cheers

"I am collecting data to enter the trade if the price is higher/lower than yesterdays close....interesting system...."
Are you sure you want to do that?

Its easy to devise order-based systems using EOD charts, but surely not as easy as buying on a plus and selling on a minus.

Hi Guys, is there anyone on here that has a trading system whereby you place orders to BUY/SELL with the relative stops and Limits then goto work and view the results end of the day.

I trade DAX. I am collecting data to enter the trade if the price is higher/lower than yesterdays close....interesting system....

some time ago I used the historical data of dax from yahoo to calculate gap closing..from memory over last 20 years dax would close the gap almost 60% of the time, 65% for last 10 years data..this is the cash close to cash open gap..

So I would keep an eye on how big the gap was at 8:45am CET, and place an order with a stop above/below the overnight high/low (using phone while on bus on the way to work). I would get to work, and while in my cubicle stare at my phone intensely until gap closed..and then I would dream of the day I would quit my job to close gaps fulltime.

Worked a treat for a few months until neglecting money management, position sizing and trading psychology caught up with me.

I still work in a cubicle. :whistling

For example, seek a dailies chart with the 100, 150 and 200EMAs in descending sequence, such as the DJIA right now. Buy at any close on a day whose range has breached one of these av's and whose close is now above the same av: e.g. Friday's close was above the 100EMA. Sell at first close above the 50EMA.

Put a stop in if you wish or use a time-based manual stop, e.g. breach of most recent lowest low, or exit manually at close below the "trigger" EMA.

Reverse the instructions of charts showing a downtrend, with the EMAs in the opposite order.

Add your own embellishments ad infinitum -
hold till second or third close beyond 50EMA
move stop to b/e after first close or breach of 50EMA
vary the EMA durations
set your own guidelines such as how long the trigger EMAs have been in correct sequence
etc. etc.