TradeStation

Ergazomai

Hello-

First a little about me. I just joined yesterday (6/28/2006). My t2W handle is Ergazomai. This is an ancient Greek word meaning "to trade is to prosper". In the Greek mind - trading was synomous with business or economics.

A couple of guestions:
Does anyone use TradeStation as their actual trading engine. If so - have you found their 'back-offce' systems satisfactory?

It appears that they are a bit of a paradox. On the one hand they have this award winning Trading language (EasyLanguage) that also comes with a direct access platform. But on the other - they seem in the dark ages when it comes to support and the 'back-office' stuff that is really important to us traders - such as getting your money out and in of their banking system quickly and painlessly.

You still have to request a check and if you have a direct bank connection set-up it still takes about a week for your money to actually show back up in your account if you request a transfer from their bank to yours.

The other paradox is right now they seem to be the only system that supports "Order Cancels Order" and "Order Sends Order" on a direct access platform.

So has anyone found another system that also has OCO and OSO but that also has good 'back-office' systems?

Thanks for your help-
Ergazomai

I beleive that Trading Technologies v7 has that functionality but its a pro platform as opposed to retail.

You could also check ninja trader - its a more execution specific front end but does also support those order types.

as a trading platform i cannot recommend tradestation enough...class above any other platform imo

would agree re backoffice, some of my funds went "missing" for about 10 days when i transferred some money. ts tried to blame the banks as transatlantic transaction, but didn't seem pro-active in sorting it out.