Seeking Help Targeting a Market Specialty

Noitartst

Hello. I am a thirty-six-year-old gentleman who has aspergers, and, worse, executive function disorder (EFD). I am currently jobless, and without savings, but trying to learn something that suits me. I have immense intelligence, dare I say, despite my mental limitations, and believe trading (in some form) would fit.

Specifically, I think I have the mental mindset for high-volatility trading. Daytrading, and trading in general, if I understand correct, is mainly about having the discipline to enter and exit when you're supposed to, despite the noise, and I think I can do that.

I don't have an idea of what specific specialty I want to get into, but I pretty much want the highest margin of profit possible, with the hedge of how much time and energy is required. I think I'm leaning towards some sort of high-frequency trading, but am open to input, here.

I wager I can handle valleys, just as long as I know what to expect of them, and what to do, or not do, when they happen. Momentum trading doesn't bother me, especially, given you can predict the length of swing consistently enough.

So, steering the issue of funds aside for the moment, given what I've said, where ought I focus? Yes, I'm out to make a pile, but this is also about self-mastery. I'm sick of the dole.

Hm...from what I've read on the FAQs, so far, I know not what style of trader I am, yet, but I definitely possess a more systemic, than discretionary, mindset. I'm willing to trust probabilities, and leave it at that, which I think will make it easier for me breaking in. As to which style I ought best to plug it into, I know not.

Hm...out of the five styles, its pretty clear I'm not a scalper, but that leaves four. Which one do I sound like?

I'm wodering about Futures trading. For someone starting out, with under $20,000 in capital, I couldn't expect monthly returns in such and in insestment, could I? Starting out, especially. Futures trading also lends itself to specific styles, and I'm unsure if it's one I'd fit.

I kinda assume this is a windup and I'm all for bad taste, but aspergers is so 2013. These days its scalar autism spectrum disorder. I think the problem was aspergers was too close to asparagus and they don't like anything green on their plate. Plus there was that awful joke about somebody with asparagus syndrome - it's similar to aspergers, but they were just a vegetable.

Forget the SASD, if you've got EFD then you'd have no chance of doin anything sensible at all in this business, which means your best option would be to start a hedge fund and employ those that can. Or just start a hedge fund and run it yourself. You'd be hard ta spot I can tell ya.

No, I'm quite serious, friend; given structure I can manage, and think I can master day trading, though you may not believe it; it seems to fit my situation, and while my aptitude may be more positions trading, day can fit, methinks.

EFD or no, I have been systematic, so far, starting by figuring out my style and mindset.. I may have EFD issues, but like in planning, but in others,I be dandy.

No, I'm quite serious, friend; given structure I can manage

The markets are probably the one profession where there is no fixed structure. This is the reason so many fail because they are still thinking along the lines of the structures they may have learned prior to trading, at work, at school etc.

In the markets you are responsible for your own structure. This is what takes the time and costs the money. You have to go through different aspects of yourself to discover which ones need readjusting.

Imagine you are in a desert. There are hostile nomads around. You have to face the danger of traveling out in each direction to lay out the territory that is safe for you. In the beginning the nomads keep moving around, thus changing the boundaries of your safe area.

This is similar to what you will have to learn to do in the markets.

Good luck, whatever choice you make.

Well, isn't the main reason traders fail is because they're emotional, and not logical?

Well, explain what you mean about structure taking time, and costing money. Say I'm a momentum trader. I'm noticing a herd stampede with a high volume of investors buying a stock. Well, buy, and as the volume fades, sell--simple logic. Emotion, I take, gets in the way, but I don't understand how.

Very Aspergers of me, ain't it?