Any tool for economic analysis or to analyse stock market?

fredpierce

Hey Guys!

I was wondering if I could use your help in finding any tool that could be used to get an overview or an economic analysis of a stock or even a stock market. Being an investor I have always been dependent on facts and statistics to make sure that I am investing in a stock that offers me a good return on investment.

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me provide any information. Thanks in advance! :)

I haven't heard from anyone till now but I have been doing some research on my own and I have tried to figure out some tools and websites that could allow me to get some detailed data, information, reports and analysis which could help me in taking my decision and making me much more confident on my options of stocks for investing purpose.

Some of them are:
StockPro app for Iphone
Optionsxpress
ThinkorSwim
The Macro Market
Trading View

If some one could let me know, if these are of any real good and if someone wishes to add on to this list, Please do. Thanks!

Hey Guys!

I was wondering if I could use your help in finding any tool that could be used to get an overview or an economic analysis of a stock or even a stock market. Being an investor I have always been dependent on facts and statistics to make sure that I am investing in a stock that offers me a good return on investment.

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me provide any information. Thanks in advance! :)

Hi fredpierce,
I think this forum has a bias towards short term trading, rather than investing.
But , for what its worth.......
What you are asking is a lifetime study.The simplest approach is to only buy monopolies.As they are very hard to find,then only buy oligopolies.TESLA is an oligopoly. APPLE is the same.The big pharmaceuticals are the same. They have technology nobody else has. Unfortunately , it never lasts .So thats your job . Look for new technology. EASY hey!!!
regards
bobc

PS Read "The Intelligent Investor" by Benjamin Graham

I am not very sure about tools but you can read ananlysis of top investors and they invest enough time researching on stocks and economy.

I think, the best way to get the things is go for news, articles and forecasts on various stocks. Do your own analysis, get some expert advice and then go for the investment. This is something which I used to do, when I started investing in stocks.

Hey Guys!

Don't know of any tools but do you mean a stock filter.

There are many out there. You punch in your numbers and it returns the stocks that meet your criteria.

https://www.google.co.uk/finance#stockscreener

One still needs to have a pretty good grasp of these parameters though.

Valuing stocks is a whole new ball game. Some analysts suggest even the parameters have changed and emphasise new tech stocks as owning intellectual property which one values in billions and tangible assets seems to be of no consequence.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/in...y-of-a-great-reset-2015-05-20?dist=beforebell

All a load of BS to me but I don't understand much of it so take my advice with a boulder of rock salt.

Valuing stocks is a whole new ball game. Some analysts suggest even the parameters have changed and emphasise new tech stocks as owning intellectual property which one values in billions and tangible assets seems to be of no consequence.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/in...y-of-a-great-reset-2015-05-20?dist=beforebell

Ho ho. New valuation 'parameters' or 'paradigms' or similar phrases score 10/10 in the 'signals of an impending market crash'.

All businesses (should) generate earnings and cash (which ideally should be similar), and an investor pays what they consider to be a reasonable multiple for a share of those earnings/cash. Anyone (and especially analysts) who suggests that relationship has fundamentally changed for whatever reason is talking complete b/s!

Ho ho. New valuation 'parameters' or 'paradigms' or similar phrases score 10/10 in the 'signals of an impending market crash'.

All businesses (should) generate earnings and cash (which ideally should be similar), and an investor pays what they consider to be a reasonable multiple for a share of those earnings/cash. Anyone (and especially analysts) who suggests that relationship has fundamentally changed for whatever reason is talking complete b/s!

Agree whole heartedly...

I'm staggered if I understand how a company like TWTR worth billions can lose money and be hailed the next best thing to sliced bread because they increased their FREE subscriber base.

They are developing a potential market to sell adverts. Oh what joy :clap:

Company valued at $24bn whlst losing share value EPS -0.98

What do I know???

FB not much cop either a $220 bn company making $500m profit. Don't ask about their cost base!

Hey Guys!

Here is good website for explaining how to calculate various indicators and oscillators and their purpose.

Indicators tend to follow markets during a bull and bear phase. Oscillators tend to respond more quickly to market movement and are better for consolidation periods.

For example, the commodities channel index is an oscillator used to determine overbought and oversold signals during a consolidation phase (when the market has no real direction)

The relative strength index is an indicator for determining the strength of a trend as indicated by the aroon indicator, which tells you whether the market is trending up or down. An aroon value of close to "0" indicates the market is in a consolidation phase and that it would be better to use an oscillator instead.