Naughty Punters at Betfair

It will be interesting to see the outcome, I wonder if it was the last minute bets or the fact that punters were collecting their winnings that alerted betfair my cynical mind is biased towards the latter

Betfair are very alert to this sort of thing. It is unlikley that the collection of the bets alerted them and far more likely that is was the continuous winning coupled with last minute betting that gave them away.

Paul

I don't think any rules have been broken :rolleyes:

wink, wink nudge, nudge is common in horse racing

bookies use inside knowledge all the time.
trainers use inside knowledge all the time
jockys' arn't allowed to bet (but what about their wifes/girlfreinds/uncles/mates in australia etc etc).

samtron said:
I don't think any rules have been broken :rolleyes:

wink, wink nudge, nudge is common in horse racing

bookies use inside knowledge all the time.
trainers use inside knowledge all the time
jockys' arn't allowed to bet (but what about their wifes/girlfreinds/uncles/mates in australia etc etc).

I think this is a bit diffrent,i followed the bets very closely on all the reality tv shows for more than a year and there was no doubt this sort of thing happens but i noticed it more on this year's i'm a celebrity when someone was taking any price on who's going to be voted out a few minutes before it happened,it wasn't done with subtelty at all,a bunch of amateurs imo.

leunt said:
I think this is a bit diffrent,i followed the bets very closely on all the reality tv shows for more than a year and there was no doubt this sort of thing happens but i noticed it more on this year's i'm a celebrity when someone was taking any price on who's going to be voted out a few minutes before it happened,it wasn't done with subtelty at all,a bunch of amateurs imo.

yes on reflection you are right, its not illegal but i would definitely say it was not at all ethical.