RE:interview

jagk

RE:interview

Hi Guys,

I am new to the trading world and looking to learn a lot.

I am currently in interviews with companies for a junior sales trader position.

i got through to the second stage interview for one particular company that i like.

could any1 advise me on second stage preparation , he did mention it may include role plays.

Thanks

Re: interview

Hi Guys,

i got through to the second stage interview for one particular company that i like.

could any1 advise me on second stage preparation , he did mention it may include role plays.

Thanks

Be careful you are not getting into anything illegal, like a boiler room scam, you could end up in prison.

Hi Guys,

Thanks

What is the company? "Sales Trader" can be a very varied role depending on where you are. So companies will call you a sales trader when it involves no trading whatsoever and is purely a cold calling role.

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Sales trader isn't the best title for a trading job... it definitely carries negative weight with large cap Hedge Funds too, which is where the bigger paydays are right now if you're going institutional.

Having said that, it isn't entirely disliked by banks...

Make sure you're getting into something that's not a blemish. If this is a position at a big name then it may be fine in terms of progression.