Need help with flight sponsorship or extremely cheap flights?

ipapas

Hey,

I hope someone can help me here. I'm the producer currently in pre-production of a BA Film & Video graduation film to be screened at the National Film Theatre in Waterloo, July 2006. We're a six person crew and we'll be filming in Singapore, Jan 2006. Trying to raise the funds for the project is hard enought without having to think about the cost of flying the team out there. So... I was hoping someone would know where I could get EXTREMELY cheap flight tickets from, deals or the best methods and places to go for securing flight sponsorship for our project for publicity benefits in return.???

I'll be approaching air lines and travels agent companies with the sponsorhsip proposal but I'll take any help given. Need to be rescued :( [/FONT]

Did you find cheap tickets? I may flay to Singapore in September and it would be better if i can save some money with a cheap ticket.

Haven't found any extremely cheap flights as of yet. The cheapest around is probably to travel with China Eastern airlines at Heathrow I think.

Sorry don't have too much to add but make sure you include flights going via other countries in your flight searches. These are often cheaper. For example, you may ind that London -> Malaysia -> Singapore is cheaper. Even London -> Malaysia -> bus to Singapore.

The other thing is, timing of the booking can make a big difference. Recently I have been looking at flights to Japan and found that booking a year in advance was fairly expensive, booking a month in advance was fairly expensive and booking 3-4 months in advance was the cheapest.

Don't know how this will compare but it's something to think about.

Scott.

P.S. Singapore Airlines is the best economy service you can get and I would never fly to Singapore on anything else now. Be prepared for a 14hour nightmare flight if you go cheap. Not fun.