Do you ever find yourself....

SybilCut

....Being more annoyed that you didn't know what to do in a particular situation in the market, than actually winning/losing trades?

I dunno, I sometimes find this is the case; I feel like I have to know what to do, and If I make money on a trade where I 'kinda knew' ...it feels like wreckless trading?

Discuss!

....Being more annoyed that you didn't know what to do in a particular situation in the market, than actually winning/losing trades?

I dunno, I sometimes find this is the case; I feel like I have to know what to do, and If I make money on a trade where I 'kinda knew' ...it feels like wreckless trading?

Discuss!

Wreckless trading is best. If your trade turn into a wreck, you'd feel a lot worst.

Discuss!

I know that feeling but I came to understand this. That the feeling of annoyance came from my want to understand the market completely. To know exactly why a trade was succesfull or exactly why it failed. These things you can identify after with analysis. The thing I have come to understand, is that the market is alive, and as such it can always suprise us no matter how prepared we think we are.

All we can do, is make sure we are as educated as we can be, and enter/exit trades based on the best of our knowledge, using the tools we understand and that are at our disposal. If we can satisfy ourselves that we have done that then even if a trade loses, take the lesson and use it to further educate.

I know that feeling but I came to understand this. That the feeling of annoyance came from my want to understand the market completely. To know exactly why a trade was succesfull or exactly why it failed. These things you can identify after with analysis. The thing I have come to understand, is that the market is alive, and as such it can always suprise us no matter how prepared we think we are.

All we can do, is make sure we are as educated as we can be, and enter/exit trades based on the best of our knowledge, using the tools we understand and that are at our disposal. If we can satisfy ourselves that we have done that then even if a trade loses, take the lesson and use it to further educate.

if I had a dollar for every "professional" I had met who reasoned that based on their current professional background and obvious intelligence they could soon understand the market ...........;)

Doctors , Lawyers , pilots , accountants (worst of all :p)..... Physicists , mathematicians , IT Whizzkids etc etc

no one can understand the market 24/7 ....thats what kills them every time.....a few trades go well and then one doesnt that should .....

Brain says ....illogical .....so they ignore it and keep going ....change strategy ...buy new strategy ....2 good trades ....now happy ....trades all go pair shaped ....this cannot be happening ....i'm a PHD godammit .......

overload overload .....overload .....

the best traders are able to understand and deal with irrational Market behaviour

its called

Sh*t happens :LOL:

N

But the more you become a student of trading and the markets ...the less it will surprise you

N

Discuss!

This in extreme form is called a traders sixth sence or even Edge....I truly believe that a competent trader 100% immersed in their strategy and trading in the Zone will start taking trades that just feel right based on all the eyars of experience and knowledge

If you are not at this point yet in your trading career to feel this way then you need to analyse EVERYTHING down about why it felt right....:smart:

N

Discuss!

There was a time when I thought to be a good trader I should know what each new bar will bring (on whatever TF of choice). I used to sit backtesting, hitting the F12 button on MT4 determined to gues what the next bar will do.

Now I know you don’t have to know what will happen at every moment in the market, not even ever. So long as you just know when your edge appears and play it.
Ignore the rest, its noise, and the frustration will go away.

"if I had a dollar for every "professional" I had met who reasoned that based on their current professional background and obvious intelligence they could soon understand the market ..........."

forget a dollar for the market understanding, I wish I had a penny for every time someone talked about edge, creating an edge or trading you edge, that's where the big bucks are :)

The markets 3 days forward are about as hard to predict as the British weather. You can't know reliably what the markets are going to do, but you have to know what you will do. If there's no edge of course, you have to commit to not being able to trade this market in this condition. Wait for the conditions to come to you, then go in.

I quickly came to the point in trading where I hated making money from an unplanned trade almost as much as a losing it on a planned trade. Planning can always be improved: well planned trades can be replicated: so money lost on well executed and well planned trades is just a temporary loan to the market, it can always be won back into your account. But how do you enhance or replicate a random trade that wins on a hunch? - that's like depending on a lottery win to pay the rent. You may be a lucky person, but it's not a business plan.