Which is the non trading book.....?

Mike Kshemaraja

Established member
Which is the "non trading book" in your view that will help a person in his development as a trader? And why?

Articulate as much as you wish.......

OK. Sensible answer.

If I state why I found this the most important non-trading book that will help a person in their development as a trader, they’ll potentially read the book with that in mind. Which would be a gross error and would totally skew their perceptions of it and diminish benefits derived from it.

Read that book purely for pleasure and without expectation of direct profit of any specific kind. Allow whatever allusions, insights and enlightenment that may ensure flavour not just your trading.

It’s like everything else. Expectations are best set to neutral if you’re to enjoy the smallest and withstand the greatest. Bring nothing but yourself with you and expect to leave only with that with which you came - and apply that to all your endeavours.

OK. Sensible answer.

If I state why I found this the most important non-trading book that will help a person in their development as a trader, they’ll potentially read the book with that in mind. Which would be a gross error and would totally skew their perceptions of it and diminish benefits derived from it.

Read that book purely for pleasure and without expectation of direct profit of any specific kind. Allow whatever allusions, insights and enlightenment that may ensure flavour not just your trading.

It’s like everything else. Expectations are best set to neutral if you’re to enjoy the smallest and withstand the greatest. Bring nothing but yourself with you and expect to leave only with that with which you came - and apply that to all your endeavours.

This sounds much better.

I let you do that, constant comparing only shows insecurity.
Constant? I asked once. But if my being insecure does it for you, carry on.

However, 10 bonus points to anyone who can come up with the only one correct response to my question. Don’t like Mikey frighten you off.

Now, it will be good not know what others recommend as a 'non trading book", if you do not mind.
My minding or not will have no impact, but thank you for asking.

Which is the "non trading book" in your view that will help a person in his development as a trader? And why?

Articulate as much as you wish.......

Little Red Riding Hood.......

Fear , Greed . pure fantasy and lies .......and the most interesting character gets slaughtered in the end :smart:

N

Longitude: The True Story of a Lone Genius Who Solved the Greatest Scientific Problem of His Time.
Written by Dava Sobel.

Before the 18th century ocean navigators could not find an accurate way of determining longitude. This failure caused ships to miss their destination, many times crashing into rocks and killing their crews. A practical solution came from a simple carpenter, John Harrison, who solved one of the most difficult problems of his time by creating an accurate chronometer. The best scientists of the time, including Isaac Newton, thought it impossible.

Reminds me of the early days in this forum when I told people they ought to trade with tight stops, and how I use tight stops when trading the ES. Everyone, apart from SOCRATES, told me it was impossible etc...:rolleyes:

Longitude: The True Story of a Lone Genius Who Solved the Greatest Scientific Problem of His Time.
Written by Dava Sobel.

Before the 18th century ocean navigators could not find an accurate way of determining longitude. This failure caused ships to miss their destination, many times crashing into rocks and killing their crews. A practical solution came from a simple carpenter, John Harrison, who solved one of the most difficult problems of his time by creating an accurate chronometer. The best scientists of the time, including Isaac Newton, thought it impossible.

Reminds me of the early days in this forum when I told people they ought to trade with tight stops, and how I use tight stops when trading the ES. Everyone, apart from SOCRATES, told me it was impossible etc...:rolleyes:

What happened to Socrates?

Feeling good, the new mood therapy by Dr Burns.
How to think, identify thoughts and rationalise / correct them in a 'just see the truth' kind of way.
Most importantly imo it shows you are not your emotions, ie for you to feel something you have to think it first.

Attachments

• feeling good.gif
    feeling good.gif
    9.3 KB · Views: 630
Golf is not a game of perfect by Bob Rotella
That's totally unbelievable. I have that book too. I was drawing pretty badly off the tee with a wood and even switching to long irons wasn't helping. I read Rotella and realised he was really talking about Ikebana and using golf as an analogy. Then somebody suggested I read Murphy's "Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets".

Whoa! Lo and behold, I was hitting straight and true and getting more distance than ever before. Chipping in from the fairway for Eagles and Albatrosses were the norm and Birdies were passé.

Seriously, is there any other discipline you can think of where you read a book in a completely unrelated field deliberately and solely in order to divine the ‘mysteries’ of that of your primary interest?