Stock Correlation Software

GARREI

Can Anyone Tell Me Which Would Be The Lowest Priced Software For Determining Stock Price Movement Correlations Please

I Am Looking Primarily At Uk And European Shares And Would Like Correlations Down To Say Within A 2 Hr Period, As Opposed To Just Weekly Or Daily

The cheapest software is EXCEL.

Just get the required data and use the Correl function. This will give you the correlation betwen the two data sets.

Can Anyone Tell Me Which Would Be The Lowest Priced Software For Determining Stock Price Movement Correlations Please

I Am Looking Primarily At Uk And European Shares And Would Like Correlations Down To Say Within A 2 Hr Period, As Opposed To Just Weekly Or Daily

I think you are looking for noise then. Stock correlations make sense only in medium to longer term.

I think you are looking for noise then. Stock correlations make sense only in medium to longer term.

In my view it depends on what correlation you are measuring. There are effective ways to measure stock correlation on an intra-day basis that can apply for as low as 30 minutes.

Paul

I think you may want to look at daily correlations first as intra-day correlations can be un-reliable, and very hard to trade on, unless you have sophisicated, automated bots with a direct line to the exchange and pay comissions in cents not dollars then you may have a chance otherwise trading pairs on a daily basis can be very profitable, just google pair trading software and you will find what your looking for, i use some for my trading.