What computer to trade with?

LilaLLeela

Hello, I need to replace my old sorry desktop. What should I replace it with? I would like to use two to four monitors. I have highspeed dsl. I have been studding trading for about seven months, on line seminars and classes, books, flash cards, charts, assorted candlestick materials, magazines, newspapers, market T.V. programs and chat rooms. I have never bought, sold or owned a single share in my life. I feel like I may be getting close to my first attempt (within four weeks).
Thank You.

I would like to upgrade this weekend. How many monitors does a new trader really need? Two? Three? Four? I would rather hear these things from this forum than a sales person.
Thanks again.

Hello, I need to replace my old sorry desktop. What should I replace it with? I would like to use two to four monitors. I have highspeed dsl. I have been studding trading for about seven months, on line seminars and classes, books, flash cards, charts, assorted candlestick materials, magazines, newspapers, market T.V. programs and chat rooms. I have never bought, sold or owned a single share in my life. I feel like I may be getting close to my first attempt (within four weeks).
Thank You.

Just use the ones above in Red and perhaps start with a straightforward tried and tested and simple approach....like a nice simple Ma based system with some pattern/price action to confirm the trend move

& one screen

& make sure you are connecting to the internet with a cable connection and ask yourself how you will close positions if the internet crashes (aside from stops)

I have no idea what you are trading but keep it simple - please

good luck :smart:

N

I say the same as NVP. Do not trade without a stop. How far away is up to you, just so that you know how much you can lose if there is a crash.

Can't you start with one monitor and add, if you need another? Just make sure that your computor can take the extra monitors.

I'm hopeless with hardware tech----just a thought.

Thank You.

Try these: Trading Computers - Desktops

I've had their F22 desktop for about 3 maybe 4 years now and it's still absolutely fine. The number of monitors much depends upon the type of trader you are - if you're an intraday trader then the more the merrier, if you trade off of daily charts, one will do.

Try these: Trading Computers - Desktops

I've had their F22 desktop for about 3 maybe 4 years now and it's still absolutely fine. The number of monitors much depends upon the type of trader you are - if you're an intraday trader then the more the merrier, if you trade off of daily charts, one will do.

Those computers are really something. They might be over my head right now. They are definitely something to upgrade to the next time. I will look forward to that! I saved the link.
Thankyou very much.

Those computers are really something. They might be over my head right now. They are definitely something to upgrade to the next time. I will look forward to that! I saved the link.
Thankyou very much.

Those computers are overkill even for the future. You can go the cost effective route and build your own for cheap.

I am sure most modern computers will have sufficient GHz & GB to handle dealing platforms, charting software etc. Always good to refer to the specific software's specifications though :)

I love that you have studied for 7 months, that is pure commitment and awesome to hear. I was like many others and couldn't wait to get started, bad times!

Anyway, after 7 months of studying you should really know what sort of trader you want to be or at least what sort of trader you will try to be ;)

If you are going for multiple screens that you are most likely going to intraday trade?

I am sure most modern computers will have sufficient GHz & GB to handle dealing platforms, charting software etc. Always good to refer to the specific software's specifications though :)

I love that you have studied for 7 months, that is pure commitment and awesome to hear. I was like many others and couldn't wait to get started, bad times!

Anyway, after 7 months of studying you should really know what sort of trader you want to be or at least what sort of trader you will try to be ;)

If you are going for multiple screens that you are most likely going to intraday trade?

I am planning on intraday and swing trading. I want to begin paper trading very soon. About June 1st I plan to join this certain "Market Club" presented by one of my favorite authors. I don't know if we are to refrain from touting book titles, authors and products here or not. I know some forums prohibit this. After a month or so (by August 1st) of the "Market Club" then I will go it alone. Of course not really alone with all the online help. Until then I continue to learn every day. Its good to learn and know and keep an open mind about the many different opinions different traders have even if one doesn't necessarily agree with them. In the morning I want to get more information on a certain computer I really want.
Thanks everyone for your help